Trusted Contributor

@kismet My deepest sympathies on the loss of your husband. I wonder if your husband chose not worry you any further and keep the doctor's information to himself. Please know that he is now at peace and will remain in your heart. I pray that you find the answers you seek.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@kismet wrote:

phoenixbrd, because I have no immediate family near me I've had to get through everything with my daughter and grandkids.  My husband helped but when I think about it I've always been the one making decisions.  Yes, he did see a cardiologist about 6 months before the pandemic.  A lot of tests done and he didn't go back.  Never told me what the doctor said.  The office called but he never went back in.  Now we're all thinking if he went back he probably would of had a pacmaker put in.  He's not a doctor person and he had the best cardiologist in the city.  You can't make a person go if they chose not to.  He had a hard time breathing but thought it was from his lungs, years of smoking, and the heart problem which no one knew about.  Our GP told him every year to go back to the cardiologist and he didn't.  He changed after seeing the doctor in 2019.  Didn't seem to care about much.  Didn't have much energy.  He use to look for things to do around the house but that all changed.  

I got a call from the doctor early Friday and they said his breathing wasn't very good and asked me about other decisions.  I did put a DNR in the computer Wed.  He was worse Thursday and Friday.  I can't even say what I saw.  I said I would like him to be comfortable and they put him in comfort care.  Said he died immediately.  That told me he wanted to go.  It's been hard so family was here most of the night.  My daughter said she felt it was best also.  I feel if he had the pacemaker in a few years ago maybe this would of never happened.  Can't help someone if you don't know what's wrong.  Never said pain or anything else.  If my GP could have told me I know I would of gotten him to the cardiolgist.  

@kismet I am so sorry for your loss and for what it must have been like.  From long experience with losing family, I can say please let go of thinking about what it and if only.  Things happen beyond our control, and I know health nuts who died at 55 and heavy smokers who are 100.  It is not always what we do or don't do.

Please concentrate on the good memories, the blessings of family, and the thought that your loved one is at peace.  You have family and future and please count those blessings often and know that many of us are praying for you and thinking about you.

Super Contributor
@kismet
I’m so very sorry about the loss of your husband. Please be kind to yourself—you did all that you could for him. In addition to your family, please take comfort in knowing that there are many others that are lifting you up in prayer. May God bless you especially during this very difficult time.
Trusted Contributor

I just saw this thread now. I am so sorry for your loss.  Please take care of yourself. Please, also, try not to be angry with what your husband did not do. May you be filled with peace, and may wonderful memories you made and shared with your husband fill your days.

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss.......be kind to yourself.

Trusted Contributor

@kismet So sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers sent to you and your family.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Brain Injury

[ Edited ]

@kismet  My heart is breaking for you💔. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you have your daughter & grandkids to lean on. 

May your husband RIP & may his memory be a blessing to all who loves him💐.

Respected Contributor

@kismet   Sending sincere condolences on the passing of your husband.  May his memory be a blessing.   

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Kismet I'm sending you prayers and well wishes he gets better and gives you strength to deal with everything. Good luck.

Honored Contributor
I am so very sorry for the loss of your husband. Sending prayers for you and your family.