Honored Contributor

@89135 wrote:

@Icegoddess...how did Co-Q10 help  for periodonatal disease? And what brand did you use? Think I may have and could use some help since I'm terrified of dentists..thx

My DH started taking Ubiquinol 100 mg daily for gum issues, he feels it has helped him. We get Trader Joe brand, I find very good deals on it on ebay. 

Valued Contributor

There is a study out that shows a 12 minute yoga routine can really help with bone mineral density.  There are many benefits of yoga and this is sure a big plus for me.

Honored Contributor

Congrats on a good report but watch the thyroid closely, which you are probably already doing.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee ....Do you take the bamboo in powder form because you prefer that to swallowing the capsule?  I could mix the powder with my coffee, but taking a pill is easier for me.  It's just a curious question on my part.

I'd like to get off the Boniva that I take...my next dexa scan is in about 6 months...(last one was 2.5 years ago) I'd like to show a generous improvement.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@SilleeMee ....Do you take the bamboo in powder form because you prefer that to swallowing the capsule?  I could mix the powder with my coffee, but taking a pill is easier for me.  It's just a curious question on my part.

I'd like to get off the Boniva that I take...my next dexa scan is in about 6 months...(last one was 2.5 years ago) I'd like to show a generous improvement.

@Mom2Dogs 

I prefer taking the powder because if the cost savings. There's always a huge difference in price whenever you compare the caps vs the powder form for most any kind of supplement. Bamboo powder can be mixed into most any kind of soft food or into liquids. It's tasteless and you only need one heaping 1/4 teaspoon daily.  I buy the BulkSupplements brand on Amazon. Its called Bamboo Extract Powder (BulkSupplements is one word).

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Thank you!  As I have remarked before, you are a wealth of knowledge.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Mom2Dogs  and you are welcome.Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee 

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

I prefer taking the powder because if the cost savings. There's always a huge difference in price whenever you compare the caps vs the powder form for most any kind of supplement. Bamboo powder can be mixed into most any kind of soft food or into liquids. It's tasteless and you only need one heaping 1/4 teaspoon daily.  I buy the BulkSupplements brand on Amazon. Its called Bamboo Extract Powder (BulkSupplements is one word).

@SilleeMee   I was wondering why you don't take the organic bamboo extract powder at Amazon.  I keep going to order your recommendation, but every time I see the organic.  So I always hold back ordering.  

I agree you are a wealth of knowledge!  Thank you so much

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey ...is there something about Organic that you don't like?

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey 

I just never really gave it much thought to order 'organic' bamboo powder. Probably because I take so little of it each day. Maybe I'll buy an organic one next time...that's a good idea. Thanks.