Regular Contributor

I have been on the hormone cream since December. I notice right away that I was sleeping better. I have always gotten up 3 or 4 times to use the bathroom. I am not crazy about having light periods again. I am trying to decide itf I want to try the pellets for now am sticking with the cream. Is anyone else using this??  I notice last night I woke up and my sheets were damp I had been sweating but I do have a bad cold. I have never had night sweats before I hope this will not be a side effect.She up my dosage last week after having a bllod test. My estrogen and progesterone and testorsterone are not where it should be she said. I am just curious what any one else has to say on this subject.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bio-Identical Hormone Cream

Not to second guess your doctor or your labs but my doctor always asks "so how do you feel"?

Are you feeling better on the higher dose or worse during the day?

Night sweats say something is off. I rarely have them, and it sounds like that's true for you, too. When I have them I always ask myself what I did that day ?

I gave bio identicals a try and used a compound pharmacist. For me, they were a meh. No signicant difference and I discontinued them

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started using bioidentical progesterone cream in 2003. I had it compounded at the pharmacy until my doctor retired. I did not want to mess with finding another doctor to give me a script so I started using Emerita Pro-Gest in 2005. I stopped in 2009 & started back up in 2013 when I felt I needed it again. I'm still using it. I also take Evening Primrose Oil. I have not had hot flashes or night sweats in long time. Now I'm really moody. I use the cream 21 days on 7 days off to give my receptor cells a break. I don't have light periods. I don't want those either.

Regular Contributor

I have been feeling good since I have been on the cream. Lat night was the first time I ever had night time sweat. I thought I might of had a fever as I have been sick since yesterday and still feel tiredtoday. I will see what happens tonight.

Honored Contributor

One certain way to know if you have a fever is to take your temperature.

Regular Contributor

i've been on bio's (proges/testos/estrogen cream for 10 years..started when I was 40 for itching and migraines...immediately headaches were gone not one since then Smiley Happy and itch was gone also...  I would say the night sweats are a sign you need more of something.   it is always a changing battle to get the combo you need.. but worth it I think.    I've always been afraid of pellets because once they are in they are in...and if it's too much of something you just have to wait it out whereas with creams you are able to adjust...    I can't imagine stopping at this point...   oh yea I sleep like a baby also 

Honored Contributor

@Happy54

I took a preparation from Walmart labeled "Estrogen." Although it worked for me, it was taken off the shelves! The next step was taking biodentical hormone cream. That worked, except twice in two years (breakthrough bleeding).

My OBGYN did colposcopy both times and remarked that I would have been happier with a hysterectomy. (No)

Now, because I have frequent sinus infections, I sometimes feel like I'm having a hot flash at night. I don't know for sure (and neither does my doctor) but it must be the sinus.

I take 1/4 pill of mimvey (HRT) and my doctor laughs and says that's fine. It is not a therapeutic dose, but I am less irritable and feel more "mood regulated."

Good luck... Oh and I lost a bunch of weight about when the change came along/was cold all of the time/ never hot flashes/ no thyroid... Just weird. MD said I'd have no migraines when menopause set in and this was right.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did bioidenticals for close to 15 years.  They worked very well and I felt fabulous. 

Mine were prescribed by a doctor that specialized in this area and there were 3 creams and an estrogen patch.

I did saliva tests long ago, but I believe blood tests are a better indicator of where your levels should be.  Taking one without having all the others in balance is not a good idea.

It takes a while to get everything regulated, but I would have the bloodwork done twice a year until you are in balance.

For me, nothing over the counter every worked.  Sadly, I had to stop taking everything because of uterine cancer discovered when I had a hysterectomy.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I have written about this before, but I tried HRT and hated it, my body wasn't my body anymore. But I was sick of hot flashes and night sweats and went on a search to find SOMEthing. I found Pycnogenol, from the bark of the French Matitime Pine tree. Google it and menopause. It is also great for the heart. No night sweats, no hot flashes, several of my Gfs have used it successfully, too. I'm not married or in a relationship, so don't have to worry about that other thing. Every couple of years, I go off pycnogenol to see if I still need it, and after 13 years, yes, I still do. I will probably have hot flashes into my 90s if I go off pycnogenol.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using Smoky Mountain Naturals creams for a few years now. - With my doctor's blessing. Works great for my symptoms, no worries about toxic drugs or side effects or cancer. 

You can read reviews on Amazon - but it will take a long time if you want to read them all!