Super Contributor

Posting this in wellness, as 2 doctors recommend swimming for me but I can't imagine this post menopausal shape crammed into a suit suitable for public viewing.  Yes, quite shy.   Recommendations very welcome, no 2 pieces please.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Best swim suit? Be gentle

Check out Lands End suits. So many to choose from. Good luck. 

Contributor

I hear you! :-) There are all kinds of modest and stylish options here: hydrochic.com All sizes too. A little pricy, but worth it I think! :-) 

Respected Contributor

I have that body too!  I like Speedo suits with the criss/cross back.  Please don't worry about going to a pool.  There are lots of us and we take aqua Zumba, strength and cardio classes.  No one is in a 2 piece and none of us look hot in our suits.  We accept each other just the way we are.  Jump in.  The waters fun.

Honored Contributor

There are 2 piece full cover bathing suits called tankinis.

For a 1 piece, you can get a 1 piece skirted and/or shorts bottom bathing suit.

Q has some nice & cute bathing suits.  Check them out.

If you have not already done so, check w/your senior service center for senior water excercise classes.  In my neck of the woods, these classes are held in gyms, community centers, YMCA.  Most if not all are free and/or your health ins will cover the costs.  Dr rx, all are FREE!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Occasional Contributor

The bathing suit I would wear and I am 61 is two pieces.  It is called a tankini, but is made with shorts and the top is a top that does not show skin except for your arms.  Some times they have them where you can buy the shorts separate and buy the tops separate.  That is the only way I would wear a swim suit now days.

Respected Contributor

@godi I agree that Land's End suits may be the trick.

Trusted Contributor

First of all don't be embarrassed at all.  I spend a lot of time around pools, there are people of all shapes, sizes and ages in the water aerobic classes.  They are all there for there health so no one is judging at all.

If you are looking for a low cost place to purchase swimwear try Swimoutlet dot com.  

This website has lots to choose from especially considering this time of year swim suits can be hard to come by.

Respected Contributor

@Helen Bach   Actually, I see lots of figure friendly suits these days......more than in the past are designed for the not-so-perfect body.  You may want to look into something with a skirted bottom, which can be very flattering and cover many sins.  Remember, you'll be mostly under the water anyway!  Cat Wink

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Swimsuit for all sells swim suits that have bottoms that cover your thighs and even some that are made like leggings that cover all the way down to your ankles or stop mid calf.  You can purchase a separate swim top in the style you prefer.

Many ladies use these types of suits for aqua therapy and for paddle boarding.