Trusted Contributor

Slanderous! Smiley LOL Bacon is never bad. Ever!

Wish I wasn't so lazy about making it.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bacon Bad???

[ Edited ]

I cook up a pound at a time in a Dutch oven on top of the stove.  Put all of it in the pot and remove as it gets done.

Put the cooked bacon in a plastic bag in the fridge.  Ready when needed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Bacon Bad???

[ Edited ]

Just received notification:

There was a recent (10/4) CDC recall on Cage-Free Eggs which are

linked to a multi-state outbreak of 38 Salmonella infections.

Seems crazy the CDC would warn us...especially using

the logic portrayed here of ‘we all die from something’.

Oh CDC! You silly....

Respected Contributor

I try to live a healthy lifestyle. Don't smoke, drink an occasional glass of wine once a week, exercise, try to eat healthy and keep my weight in check. Only one person in my family has had breast cancer. It was my aunt and she just celebrated her 93rd birthday. My Mom died last year at the age of 95 and her sister also passed away two weeks prior to her death at the age of 97. So I am not placing much faith in this study. It changes every week what we should eat and drink anyway. I think  if you ate bacon at every meal it might be of concern. So much of our heatlh is genetic. It still is important to take care of our bodies. I thank God everyday for my health. 

Honored Contributor

Health considerations aside, fact or not, I wish more people would consider WHERE their meat (and dairy) come from and how the end product makes it's way to their breakfast/dinner table.

Factory farming is totally abhorrant to me and unacceptable.  

How it could be acceptable to anyone is beyond my understanding.

Honored Contributor

I feel that way about many things, but, I don't lecture or decide for other people..I will always eat meat. You can buy it other places than the grocery store

Valued Contributor

I come from a long line of cancer but I'm gonna still eat bacon.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I feel that way about many things, but, I don't lecture or decide for other people..I will always eat meat. You can buy it other places than the grocery store

@cherry

Is this response to me?

If so,  I respond to you with the following:

I am expressing my opinion, not lecturing or deciding for other people, although if I could I would ban factory farming as I find it inhumane and, as I said, unacceptable.  I have every right as a human being to take a stand on something I find to be both. 

I am well aware that meat can be purchased places other than the grocery store which is one reason why I have stated numerous times on this board that I support the family farm and humane and sustainable farming practices.

Honored Contributor

You can take a stand on anything @QueenDanceALot  I just think the majority of us are sick of food lectures, and being told what they should eat..It happens all the time here, and  some people break into perfectly harmless threads to scold everyone continually

I am an adult and capable of making those decisions all by myself

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

You can take a stand on anything @QueenDanceALot  I just think the majority of us are sick of food lectures, and being told what they should eat..It happens all the time here, and  some people break into perfectly harmless threads to scold everyone continually

I am an adult and capable of making those decisions all by myself

@cherry

I am not responsible for how others lecture.  I was asking if your post was in response to my post.

I expressed a wish that more people cared about where their food comes from, how it was raised, and how it got to their table.

If you find that to be a "food lecture", well, so be it.  I will continue to post my opinion when I feel it relevant and important.

You are free to do whatever you like, including dismissing what I post.