Honored Contributor

We all drive cars...bad but we know that.We could reduce the risks and take public transit,ride bikes,walk or ride share.We have accepted this huge growing risk to our environment and health for our own convenience or enjoyment so I won’t get too bent out of shape over the dangers of bacon.

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

So I just read that bacon and any processed meats (sausage...) are being blamed for increasing your chances of getting breast cancer.  For those of you who have had breast cancer, are you giving these foods up now?  Along with an occasional drink?  Seems like all the good things are bad for you!!!

@bargainsgirl

I'm trying very hard to recall exactly when I first read of this and believe it to be somewhere between 1978 and 1981.

So, it appears that the clinical community is at it once again, re-visiting an old theory, which when first released, made sense.

I don't touch processed meats and, though I love bacon, use it quite sparingly as an ingredient in cooking, perhaps 3x/year.  Last evening made a Serbian Soup with rye bred on the side.  There were bits of bacon, previously fried, with the grease removed, then added to the soup.

It's the nasty chemicals contained in these meats, which we need to avoid.