Respected Contributor

Re: B117 Can We Get Rid Of It?

[ Edited ]

Out of curiosity, in those areas that have no mask mandate, how would a business stop an unmasked person from entering their business? They can't call police unless the person is disturbing the peace. Will they all have to hire bouncers? Or does the unmasked just get to have their way since it is too much trouble for the businesses that want masks in their establishment?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lali1 wrote:

I'm so tired of hearing people say the states need to put back in place mask mandates. Guess what I live in a state that stopped it and every single solitary place I and my family have been still require masks. Please educate yourselves instead of listening to people on tv who are trying to rile people up. It's getting so old when people think everyone is running around in a free for all without masks everywhere. If that is what you're being told you are listening to idiots. 

@Lali1 

Actually,  I go to the store, dog park, pharmacy, and look around.  I see with my own eyes, lots of people not wearing masks.

I draw conclusions based on what I see,  lots of people are not wearing masks.

I am so tired of being called  Uneducated for calling out what I see, and of being told that I'm listening to idiots.

I say what I see.

Color me - eyes open, not confused, and not listening to idiots. 

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Some people believe that viruses are responsible, to some degree, for evolution. If that's true I want to evolve back to being a dolphin. They had it right when they went back into the oceans.

I think I used to be a dolphin!

What was I thinking to come back on earth?! I guess to have my human childrenHeart

I swam with dolphins for a week-

they could leave and go back to the ocean anytime- a place in the Bahamas and I felt like I was coming home when I saw them-it was wonderful.

I've always felt more at home in the ocean then land! 

Anyway it made me happy to read your postSmiley Happy🐬

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@minimalistWF You make good points.  People in my older age group do tend to watch too much TV and some get their minds all twisted.

However, I am worried people like my son will start to travel like mad this summer.  When it is allowed, I hope recreational travel can be done safely.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

I'm so tired of hearing people say the states need to put back in place mask mandates. Guess what I live in a state that stopped it and every single solitary place I and my family have been still require masks. Please educate yourselves instead of listening to people on tv who are trying to rile people up. It's getting so old when people think everyone is running around in a free for all without masks everywhere. If that is what you're being told you are listening to idiots. 

@Lali1 

Actually,  I go to the store, dog park, pharmacy, and look around.  I see with my own eyes, lots of people not wearing masks.

I draw conclusions based on what I see,  lots of people are not wearing masks.

I am so tired of being called  Uneducated for calling out what I see, and of being told that I'm listening to idiots.

I say what I see.

Color me - eyes open, not confused, and not listening to idiots. 

..."I see lots of people not wearing masks."     And I don't understand people freaking out if they are out in public and see someone not wearing a mask.  So stay away from them! I mean, when I go to the store or wherever (and yes, I mask btw)  I go in, get out and keep my distance. Don't get these continuing posts of  "Was walking my dog, at the store or what have you and saw someone not wearing a mask!"  So what? Stay away from them. Nobody said you had to get in their face.  

Respected Contributor

@KKJ I think it is a social kindness to always wear a mask.  After what everyone has been through, why make others uncomfortable?

Respected Contributor

Hey @KarenQVC I totally agree with you but as another poster--and me as well---have said, you can't control what everyone else does---only you.  

Respected Contributor

@KKJ So true, but we can promote a community spirit by promoting mask wearing by everyone.  Not in the house or car, of course.

Trusted Contributor

We aren't likely to ever get rid of any virus. The truth is, with vaccinations, we will get the numbers down and accept the deaths that follow just like we do with the flu. Once people feel comfortable that THEY aren't likely to die from it things will go back to normal and we'll live with it.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

We aren't likely to ever get rid of any virus. The truth is, with vaccinations, we will get the numbers down and accept the deaths that follow just like we do with the flu. Once people feel comfortable that THEY aren't likely to die from it things will go back to normal and we'll live with it.

We developed the flu vaccines so that fewer people will die from the flu. We don't just accept it. No one is fine if their relative dies from the flu. My MIL was hospitalized from complications from the flu. I would not have found it acceptable to lose her to that.

I know you do not find flu deaths acceptabie. I just think we need to pay attention to the implications of what we are saying.

I can't wait until the technology advances we have made in fighting Covid are applied to the flu virus as well. If we can get rid of the common cold and fight cancer while we're at it, even better.

The point of medicine is less and less suffering.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr