Honored Contributor

Re: B117 Can We Get Rid Of It?

Just look at what is happening with Covid in Brazil right now. There are states in our country that are heading for those same results. And unfortunately that ends up spilling over into all the other states as well.

I hope the current vaccines can mitigate the new variants and that boosters are being worked on.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

There are those that denial this virus was ever serious, look what happened ,i do not stick my head in the sand, i believe the people that have the education ,to understand ,that some do not.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

There are those that denial this virus was ever serious, look what happened ,i do not stick my head in the sand, i believe the people that have the education ,to understand ,that some do not.

If they want to take their chances, that's their choice. We may wind up with pockets of deadly herd immunity via contagion (which I am against, but some have promoted the whole time) as well as pockets of easy herd immunity via vaccination.

If both happen at the same time, we could still have herd immunity. But with tragic "excess" deaths in some areas that did not have to happen.

There are those who consider that worth it as a price for their freedom and have said so. I disagree with them. We are both free to hold these views, and my complete disagreement does not silence anyone or indicate that they have no right to their views about it.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

If they want to take their chances, that's their choice. We may wind up with pockets of deadly herd immunity via contagion (which I am against, but some have promoted the whole time) as well as pockets of easy herd immunity via vaccination.

If both happen at the same time, we could still have herd immunity. But with tragic "excess" deaths in some areas that did not have to happen.

There are those who consider that worth it as a price for their freedom and have said so. I disagree with them. We are both free to hold these views, and my complete disagreement does not silence anyone or indicate that they have no right to their views about it.

We have lost too many people from this virus,not  thinking that those from the medical field,do not know what they fear,and their knowledge of this virus,is just not excepted by me.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Just look at what is happening with Covid in Brazil right now. There are states in our country that are heading for those same results. And unfortunately that ends up spilling over into all the other states as well.

I hope the current vaccines can mitigate the new variants and that boosters are being worked on.

Not sure why people want to compare the US to Brazil.  The living conditions for a large portion of the population is in slums.  Poverty, unsanitary conditions and sub standard medical care are common in many areas.   So one would expect the virus to have a more devastating impact.  Coupled with extremely slow vaccine rollout, only about 8% have received even a first shot compared to the US which has exceeded 30%.  But that bleek picture must be painted to make a point.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Not sure why people want to compare the US to Brazil.  The living conditions for a large portion of the population is in slums.  Poverty, unsanitary conditions and sub standard medical care are common in many areas.   So one would expect the virus to have a more devastating impact.  Coupled with extremely slow vaccine rollout, only about 8% have received even a first shot compared to the US which has exceeded 30%.  But that bleek picture must be painted to make a point.

If you look into it more you can see a lot of parallels. We have a lot of poverty here as well. You certainly don't need to do so on my account, though. Please do not accuse me of having an untoward agenda. That is not civilized disagreement.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm so tired of hearing people say the states need to put back in place mask mandates. Guess what I live in a state that stopped it and every single solitary place I and my family have been still require masks. Please educate yourselves instead of listening to people on tv who are trying to rile people up. It's getting so old when people think everyone is running around in a free for all without masks everywhere. If that is what you're being told you are listening to idiots. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

I'm so tired of hearing people say the states need to put back in place mask mandates. Guess what I live in a state that stopped it and every single solitary place I and my family have been still require masks. Please educate yourselves instead of listening to people on tv who are trying to rile people up. It's getting so old when people think everyone is running around in a free for all without masks everywhere. If that is what you're being told you are listening to idiots. 

@Lali1  Our stores all require masks. Otherwise I think everything is open. I guess the whole country should just open and throw away the masks. I think many people are willing to take the chance. I'm not sure whyor who idiots are spouting their theories to us, but I see many people agree with you. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@Lali1  Our stores all require masks. Otherwise I think everything is open. I guess the whole country should just open and throw away the masks. I think many people are willing to take the chance. I'm not sure whyor who idiots are spouting their theories to us, but I see many people agree with you. 

Your comment is confusing. I'm not sure where you get that I implied everyone should throw away masks. I said everywhere I have been and my family members have been still require them. I wear them and so do most everyone I see. If people on tv are telling people no mask mandates mean no one is wearing masks then they are lying or are ignorant. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Your comment is confusing. I'm not sure where you get that I implied everyone should throw away masks. I said everywhere I have been and my family members have been still require them. I wear them and so do most everyone I see. If people on tv are telling people no mask mandates mean no one is wearing masks then they are lying or are ignorant. 

@Lali1  Yeah, I think I did misunderstand your post.