Honored Contributor

Re: B117 Can We Get Rid Of It?

@chessylady   There isn't not enough vaccine for everyone right now.  Yes, most of us will be eligible for vaccines in a week or two, but being eligible and having vaccine available are two different things.  And, if the vaccines don't last very long, how in the. World will we repeat this in a year and every year?

I answered the OP's question as to what my opinion was.  This is going to be with us for a long time, IMO.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know. If we look at all the posts here, it is way beyond just the young who feel they don't want to restrict their "freedoms" or wear masks or restrict any of their before covd activities. 

I know my children's inlaws who are elderly who are in this type of group.

Anyway, esp with the new variants esp b117 or whatever the heck its called, it is so depressing and frightening.

I go between really feeling like ok just waiting for my children to die, won't be surprised and trying to keep a lid on this worry and think oh just a nice normal day around here.

When I read about the b117 on here of course first! I just got depressed all over again because one child has decided she can't spend another year not traveling and doing the things she wants while still trying to be safe about it all , but how can you?!!, while all of us in different states are hoping we will see each other again. It is all so discouraging. It feels like no matter what we do to remain safe, we have to take a step back!

I never worry about myself dying all my life, but my children, that would be the end. I'm just so tired of the worry and now feel like, oh well it was a nice life knowing them. I can't protect them anymore. Then the next day I think I will keep doing everything to at least protect one.

Oh you can tell ,I'm definitely losing it

and trying not to!

And my goodness! There is so much conflicting information about how to remain safe and the threat level.

Some say kids can go to camp probably (Dr Fauci?!!) but other reprts CDC director, really worried. Great!! Not!!!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

At some point we will just need to accept people cannot control everything.  Perhaps it is time to just let this virus run its course.  We have a vaccine to protect the most vulnerable.  Treatments have been developed and recovery is much quicker and common.  No one wants to get sick but we need to stop "chasing your tails" and move on.  As always those not comfortable with that can do what they want to keep themselves safe while the rest move on.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree, we cannot control everything. Variants will continue to happen becasue that's what viruses do. We will have to learn to live with it. Despite masks and social distancing, etc. we might be able to limit it, but we need to accept that moving on the best thing to do right now. Get rid of it? No.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Some people believe that viruses are responsible, to some degree, for evolution. If that's true I want to evolve back to being a dolphin. They had it right when they went back into the oceans.

Honored Contributor

It does really concern me, with all the opening up in our country,and no wearing of mask,it will continue to be of concern.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Some people believe that viruses are responsible, to some degree, for evolution. If that's true I want to evolve back to being a dolphin. They had it right when they went back into the oceans.

I am scared of water,can not swim!!!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KarenQVC wrote:

I hear this type of covid is on the move in the US.  It spreads fast and tends to infect those age 20-49.

Do you think we can avoid a new wave?  Of course, I know we can but WILL we?

@KarenQVC 

I don't really care about "what if's/mights" some idiots in the media say about anything.  Had I?  The world has ended 3 times during my life time and here I am thinking I am still living on planet earth.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

@teganslaw 

Actually variants happen when there is a very high spread of the virus, allowing for it to mutate.  If we could have followed the basic guidelines, instead of this "freedom" mentality, and significantly reduced the infection rate, then there would be less incidence of variants.  

The goal of vaccinating the world and lowering the infection rate is to stop more mutations.  This is especially why the situation in Brazil is so concerning, because it could cause more variants, and at some point, one of those variants could be really bad (not protected by current vaccines, highly transmissible and more deadly).  

Just moving on and letting things as they are, with no masks, etc., will only cause more problems for our country, and the world.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@KarenQVC wrote:

I hear this type of covid is on the move in the US.  It spreads fast and tends to infect those age 20-49.

Do you think we can avoid a new wave?  Of course, I know we can but WILL we?

@KarenQVC 

I don't really care about "what if's/mights" some idiots in the media say about anything.  Had I?  The world has ended 3 times during my life time and here I am thinking I am still living on planet earth.

hckynut 

I do not consider the medical people ,as idiots.