Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty 

Happy that helpfully for you.

I was on Coumadin(warfarin) for over 7 years. I had no side effects such as yours. My problem was my INR/ProTime numbers.

Over those 7 years, on average, I had to go to the hospital 3 times a week to get full blood draws. There were many times I went 7 days a week.

The lab would get my results/send them to my Pulmonologist, and his office would call me, to let me know how many Milligrams of Coumadin/Warfarin)to take that night. Then tell me when to get blood drawn again.

My exercise routine was pretty similar consistently, and what I ate varied very little. Why my INR/ProTime numbers would go up and down, none of my team of doctors knew the answer.

I chose to go off those thinners, with the consent of my doctors, because most of those years I was an Anemic. Constant Colon Bleeds/Colonoscopies/Blood Transfusions/Iron Infusions, and in and out of the hospital. I could not live anywhere close to my type of lifestyle so!

Would I rather live longer as an Anemic, or risk more Pulmonary Embolism(PE) and get back to real living again? I chose the latter, and that was in 2010.

Those were my side effects, along with a "bleeding out" episode while in my Cardiac Rehab Class. Rushed to the hospital/big dosages of Vitamin K shot into my stomach, and 3 bags of Frozen Blood Plasma, pumped into me with the biggest syringe they had available. 

Guess my side effects were more along the line of living or dying, and less about gaining weight and the other annoying ones. I am still taking a risk, but it is what it is.

I really hope this all goes well for you. I do not have Afib, but I have had a few episodes of my heart rate shooting up over 200bpm. I know that feeling, and it is not a good one.

My best to you,

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)