Regular Contributor
During a yearly routine mammogram a
Has anyone have the radiologist take another picture of their breast? That appended to me. I should have asked her. She said I did great twice I ender if she meant the films or it looked great lol.
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have. It's not uncommon. The slightest movement, or improper positioning will require a repeat film. 

Honored Contributor

Very common, sometimes one of the pix is not clear and needs to be redone. 

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it happens.  As a matter of fact, I just went Saturday morning for my yearly.  The tech took an extra pic on one side.  Got my online report this morning that everything is fine.  👍👍

Honored Contributor

@Marciirene I have dense breasts and a lot of calcification, I get called in for more films all the time. They're just making sure they're getting good images and not missing anything. 

Valued Contributor

Like Jordan, I also have dense breasts and have had extra pics taken.  I am fortunate to go to a state of the art facility where, if you so desire, you can sit and wait for your results.  I walk out knowing all is A-OK.  Of course, I still receive the follow-up letter.  Good luck to all with our mammos and don't skip out on them.

Regular Contributor
THANK YOU everyone for replying! I feel better while waiting for results! God Bless!!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Marciirene 

They’re just being thorough. That’s a good thing. I wouldn’t worry.

You’ll be alright.

Respected Contributor

I know the results before I leave the facility...Then by the time I get home the report is available on the Hospital Health Portal....

Honored Contributor

when I was having mammos--- that happened to me nearly every time---had stupid boobs of steel I guess- Woman Frustrated-but found cancer in 2012  and had the bad one removed then --decided to have the "good" one taken off too, in 2016-- which ended the need for mammograms!! am happily flat chested now!! and cured of cancer!!!