Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

You may want to try organic dark raw agave. This form is stronger than other types. You should be able to find it in your local health food store. I brought a box of six bottles from Amazon for $22.

Still a high carb sweetener though.
Honored Contributor

Anything that ends in *tol* is very hard on your stomach. You need to look at everything not just how it tastes

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Anything that ends in *tol* is very hard on your stomach. You need to look at everything not just how it tastes

Yes, and most "tols" (sugar alcohols) do not absorb in the gut. They ferment and give off gas and can cause diarrhea.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the good information.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Artificial Sweeteners

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

You may want to try organic dark raw agave. This form is stronger than other types. You should be able to find it in your local health food store. I brought a box of six bottles from Amazon for $22.

YES, thank you. It is a bit high in carbs. I wanted something natural I liked  not stevia. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@violann wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

YES, thank you. It is a bit high in carbs. I wanted something natural I liked  not stevia. 

The confusion about ways of sweetening food is maddening, isn ‘t it @Nuttmeg ? Each time some new product emerges, I try it and then comes the deluge of warnings, cautions, and/or it doesn’t taste sweet. AT ALL.

By the way, my super picky chiropractor DOES approve of Truvia, which combines Stevia and Erythritol. Through my own research, it appears that ERYTHRITOL Iis the only “...ol” that does NOT cause cramping or.......anything else. I use it with no problems. YRMV.

Honored Contributor

Re: Artificial Sweeteners

[ Edited ]

@violann 

I also use a blended stevia w/erythritol, Pyure is the brand.  Never had a problem with it either. To me it tastes like sugar and it even has the same texture like sugar, too.  I think it might be a lot like Truvia only cheaper. I pay $7 for a 1-pound bag of Pyure. It's also cert organic.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@violann 

I also use a blended stevia w/erythritol, Pyure is the brand.  Never had a problem with it either. To me it tastes like sugar and it even has the same texture like sugar, too.  I think it might be a lot like Truvia only cheaper. I pay $7 for a 1-pound bag of Pyure. It's also cert organic.

Trivia also changed its packaging some time during the last year, and I contacted their public information resources.

They acknowledged that they had changed the amount of product per packet, which coincidentally was originally the perfect amount for my morning coffee, but explained the reason and sent me an actual box of products. Very good management decision and although I still buy the huge boxes of the packets, I will most definitely take a look at the Pyure.

I like the fact that Pyure is certified organic VERY MUCH! Thank you for posting.