Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone with Reflux

[ Edited ]

After a temporary course of Prilosec prescribed by an ENT, my naturopathic physician recommended Rhizinate 3X.  It is made from licorice root, it coats and soothes the digestive tract. I use the chocolate flavor. It helps a lot. 

I had to give up coffee, caffineated tea, tomato products, citrus fruits and juices, and must eat small meals. I can feel if if I go to sleep too early after eating, but taking the rhizinate right before bed after my last sip of water helps very much.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

Does anyone here deal with reflux issues? 

I dont wanna take those meds they always prescribe due to possible side effects long term.

That is always what the doctors put you on. They seem to offer no other options.

Do you have food options, plans, suggestions, things that work for you? I avoid citrus, raw onions and peppers, fried foods, tomatoes.

@FlowerBear  Decades ago, I had a severe case.  I began taking an acid reducer, and now, only take Prilosec once in a while, for instance if I forget and eat butter, any fat really, that causes an instant problem.  I also take Andrew Lessman's Digest Assure which helps so much and I can now eat food that I stayed away from for years such as melons, I would be curled up in a fetal position for hours, now that doesn't happen any longer.

I would also suggest you eat small portions at a meal, eat more often if necessary to make up for the small portions, otherwise you may lose weight.

Respected Contributor

Want to say a big thank you for all of the great messages and information!  I am lookin forward to trying the suggestions.  Man Very Happy