Honored Contributor

Anyone using My Fitness Pal?

I find My Fitness Pal very useful in keeping track of what I eat. The only problem I have is with food makers nutrition information on their packaging. The makers’ serving sizes and calorie counts are not standardized, making me have to convert the calories I input into MFP more difficult than it should be.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone using My Fitness Pal?

I use it a lot to track my calories.  I especially like to track my carbs and protein.  You can plan what you want to eat for the day and then adjust as necessary.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I use My Fitness Pal daily in coordination with my Garmin Tracker. Been using it for about 18 months and have lost 51 lbs so far.  I do well when I count calories and I have to watch certain food intake due to health reasons, so I am able to track calories, sugar, sodium, carbs, potassium, etc in this system.  The ability to set up exactly what you should intake on a daily basis has been a great benefit for me.  I can see what foods work and what food causes problems. 

I agree that trying to find certain foods in the database is not easy, requiring us to do some calculating, but mostly, I find the system works extremely well for my needs.  Hope it is working as well for you.....best of luck!

Honored Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Yes, I use My Fitness Pal daily in coordination with my Garmin Tracker. Been using it for about 18 months and have lost 51 lbs so far.  I do well when I count calories and I have to watch certain food intake due to health reasons, so I am able to track calories, sugar, sodium, carbs, potassium, etc in this system.  The ability to set up exactly what you should intake on a daily basis has been a great benefit for me.  I can see what foods work and what food causes problems. 

I agree that trying to find certain foods in the database is not easy, requiring us to do some calculating, but mostly, I find the system works extremely well for my needs.  Hope it is working as well for you.....best of luck!

So far, it’s the only thing that has ever given me a feeling of real control over what I’m eating. It’s like balancing a checkbook or keeping tabs on your spending of money. It gives me a true picture of my spending=calories and helps me set calorie spending limits. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

So far, it’s the only thing that has ever given me a feeling of real control over what I’m eating. It’s like balancing a checkbook or keeping tabs on your spending of money. It gives me a true picture of my spending=calories and helps me set calorie spending limits. 

@Mindy D  I agree with you 100%; it works beautifully for me and my needs, and I see it is giving you what you need...best, best of luck on your journey..MyFitnessPal is helping me on mine!