Honored Contributor

I go every three months for a cleaning. Today I went in for my scheduled cleaning and  I did not get any "bad " news as far as something needing to be fixed!  Now THAT  is really good news and made my day!  Usually they find SOMETHING.....

With my teeth I am just happy when I have  no pain and my check up is good!👍🙂

Honored Contributor

Re: My Dental Cleaning Today

@SeaMaiden  CONGRATS!  I have to go this week and I always dread it like you do!  Good for you, that's a good feeling!

Trusted Contributor

I too go every 3 months. I know how you feel. Nice when all is good. 

Honored Contributor

Our insurance won't pay for that many cleanings.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden, I go for my cleaning next week and I always dread, and seems like they always find something wrong!  I too have to go qtrly., but I thought it was because I had gum disease!  

@AuntG, I don't have dental insurance, I pay out of pocket!

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Mine doesn't either. They pay for two cleanings a year. I pay for the other two myself. Since I had periodontal work done, I need to be seen every three months.

Honored Contributor

Wow, this must be dental week.  I have my six month appointment on Thursday morning.  Thank goodness, I have had no work done for years...just a cleaning twice a year.

If they find  something, I'll probably fall out of the chair with shock.  I have been very fortunate with healthy teeth and gums.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG  I think it is  in the long run something insurance company’s should allow for people with teeth that are aging....cleanings more often often keep the plaque down and less chance for decay leading to expensive fixes. . I think it is a win win situation for both patient and insurance company.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Wow, this must be dental week.  I have my six month appointment on Thursday morning.  Thank goodness, I have had no work done for years...just a cleaning twice a year.

If they find  something, I'll probably fall out of the chair with shock.  I have been very fortunate with healthy teeth and gums.

@Carmie  How wonderful!👍🙂

Valued Contributor

Congrats on a good visit. I'm the same way you are -- dread it and then happy if there are no problems. I also go every three months and pay the extra charges because my insurance won't cover that many visits. It's worth it to me. With my teeth, I have to!