Respected Contributor

Any experience with the Quell?

I just got this for my daughter this week.  She has been wearing it for a few days.  Since no doctor has helped her with the pain in her legs, I am willing to try most anything.

She says she feels a "prickly" sensation, but that's it.  Most of the reviews were positive.  Next doctor will be an orthopedic doctor.  And I am going to schedule a second opinion neurologist.  These are also suggestions from the pain doctor she saw a couple weeks ago.  That maybe it was neuromuscular or musculoskeletal. 

I sometimes feel on the edge of "losing it" feeling so bad I can't help her.  She feels she can drive less and less.  Pain is one thing, weakness another.  She can't work anymore either.  So, 250 dollars would be NOTHING if it helped.  You do have to buy electrode gel pads, but I don't care!!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Re: Any experience with the Quell?

Is this something similar to a tens unit? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I never heard of this, but I wanted to post and tell you that I am so sorry for the problems that your daughter is experiencing.  I hope this helps her and that the doctors can come up with a real solution.  When a child suffers, a mother suffers.  My prayers are with you both.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Yes, I bought Quell through QVC, for back pain.  I tried it for more than 2 weeks.  I showed it to my Dr. and she smiled and said that will never do anything for your pain.  I returned it and received a refund.  I am thinking you need to conmtinue seeing the MD.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is this something similar to a tens unit? 

Yes and no.  There are a couple of differences. I read up on it in detail a few months back because I was both curious and skeptical.  It functions similarly to TENS, but it's meant to be worn continuously by those with chronic 24/7 pain like sciatica. It's meant to be worn during sleep as well. It's meant to be "felt" on a lower level than a regular TENS machine, and "interrupts" the pain slightly differently from a regular TENS. But I don't remember every specific. It's designed for chronic unremitting pain vs a sore back from moving furniture.

I did read that most users complained bitterly about the very short life of the pads (vs how long it was claimed they'd last) and the fact that even when new, the pads would fall off in bed, etc.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

I have a friend who has MS and she says it has made a tremendous difference for her.  It is my understanding that it does not work for approximately 20 % of those who try it.  It may be worth a try since you can try it for 60 days and if it doesn't work they will give you a full refund.

Honored Contributor

I have a really serious tens unit that was ordered for me by my physical therapist and paid for by insurance.  I got the gel pads on auto delivery every month.  I used the thing religiously but it never did a bit of good.  I just recently read on some website that they're pretty much useless. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I never heard of this, but I wanted to post and tell you that I am so sorry for the problems that your daughter is experiencing.  I hope this helps her and that the doctors can come up with a real solution.  When a child suffers, a mother suffers.  My prayers are with you both.  

Thank you.  It is so true that when a child suffers, so does their mother!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@jazzbabe wrote:

I have a friend who has MS and she says it has made a tremendous difference for her.  It is my understanding that it does not work for approximately 20 % of those who try it.  It may be worth a try since you can try it for 60 days and if it doesn't work they will give you a full refund.

My mother had MS and would have tried anything!  And she did even try some crazy things.

I figured also with the 60 day guarantee, I would have her try it.  Since nothing from all the doctors she has seen has worked, I figured you never know!  She has more doctors to see in the meantime.

Hyacinth

Contributor

Too bad insurance won't help pay. I hope it helps your DD.