Highlighted
Respected Contributor
How do you like it? Are you losing on it? How is the food? Has anybody purchased it at Walmart? Just wanted some feed back on it. Thanks 🙋🏻❤️
Honored Contributor

This comes from my mother who has purchased at Walmart and online direct. 

She just went back to it and lost 14 pounds before switching to another plan that is more low carb and high protein plus you choose your own real food and keep your carbs, protein, etc in check that way.  Very little is prepackaged on this other plan.  

She went that route instead because she personally did not care for the NS food.  I thnk the real food was more her thing and easier to incoporate into her daily life since she is usually dining out and about.  

Respected Contributor

DH has lost almost 50 lbs and he likes the food ( he chooses his favorites). 

Super Contributor

@Laura14 Could you tell me what plan your mother switched too?

Honored Contributor

A girlfriend lost 100 pounds on Nutrisystem. She liked it because it was convenient. The meals are portion sized and she had to do very little preparation. 

She really looked fablulous after losing the 100 pounds.

Honored Contributor

Re: Any Nutrisystem users?

[ Edited ]

@Rose429  Yes.  I can not remember the name of it right now but as soon as I get home in about an hour and a half, I'll ask her or check the sheet she has.  I don't want to tell you wrong.  

When she was explaining it to me, she has to have a certain number of carbs, protein and vegetables a day that she picks out.  The carb for the day is a dessert which they do have if you want to buy their food item (don't have to but she said the chocolate bar is really good.)  They also have other food stuffs if you want a prepackaged system more than do it yourself.  I think they have a website to order from.  

I remember vegetables like iceberg lettuce and I think carrots and a few others don't count so you can't just eat a house salad for lunch. It has to have other substantial vegetables or protein to count as a meal for the day.

I believe the protein is up to 12 ounces a day so if you want to eat only vegetables for breakfast and lunch and then have a 12oz steak or seafood for dinner, you can do it.  It's very flexible.  

I think this diet is geared primarily towards diabetics which she is not but it takes out sugar and carbs to help alleviate that concern for those patients.  There were a few no no items like fruit including tomatoes because they turn to sugar even though it's natural sugar but only for a certain period of time.

Once you get used to eating this way, you can add different foods back in and just watch yourself.  If the food makes you fat or in a diabetic's case changes their numbers, stop eating it and go back to the orginal plan. 

She has a friend who is diabetic and she has lost a ton of weight on it.  That is how she found it.  It's basically learn a low carb way of eating and do it 80% of the time but a cheat day with carbs is not going to upend your life.  If it does, stop, go back, and add a different food back in that may work better for you.  

Honored Contributor
@Rose429

ITG Diet is what she is using and she has Atkins and a few other protein bars as her dessert each night for her carb.
Respected Contributor
Thanks to those who took the time to post an answer. Much appreciated. 🥰❤️ I ordered The Fast Five Marie’s Fresh Start 4 Week Plan finally took the plunge. 🤞🏼Again thanks.
Trusted Contributor

From experience, I tried Nurtisystem in the past and didn't care for the food.  What they don't tell you is the amount of food you need to supplement outside of paying $200+ per month for their processed meals.

I instead opted for WW.  The program has a wonderful supportive community and teaches you how to eat healthy long term.  No need to rely on processed pre-packaged food.

Respected Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

From experience, I tried Nurtisystem in the past and didn't care for the food.  What they don't tell you is the amount of food you need to supplement outside of paying $200+ per month for their processed meals.

I instead opted for WW.  The program has a wonderful supportive community and teaches you how to eat healthy long term.  No need to rely on processed pre-packaged food.

I did do some research before purchasing. You do need to add to your lunch and dinner meals. I just need a good jumpstart to get me started. I didn’t do autoship just a one time shipment. I purchased it at QVC. After the month, I will be able to do it on my own.