Honored Contributor

Any Good Vibes, Healing Thoughts Laying Around?

If so, I'll take them.

DD (36), my only child, is having a hysterectomy tomorrow morning.

I'll be her caregiver instead of her hubby for a while, baby girls never outgrow their mothers, especially with this type of surgery.

We're both so sad and apprehensive about the surgery, any healing thoughts/good vibes are greatly appreciated, as we're both having a hard time dealing with this finality.

Some times life just sux........

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any Good Vibes, Healing Thoughts Laying Around?

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom   I’m so sorry!! I know life isn’t always fair.Thank goodness she has you. No matter how old you are you always need your mother for that soft place to fall. There’s nothing like a mother’s love ❤️.

I will have you both in my thoughts.💐

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@KingstonsMom   I’m so sorry!! I know life isn’t always fair.Thank goodness she has you. No matter how old you are you always need your mother for that soft place fall. There’s nothing like a mother’s love ❤️.

I will have you both in my thoughts.💐

@NicksmomESQ 

So true....thank you so much.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

If so, I'll take them.

DD (36), my only child, is having a hysterectomy tomorrow morning.

I'll be her caregiver instead of her hubby for a while, baby girls never outgrow their mothers, especially with this type of surgery.

We're both so sad and apprehensive about the surgery, any healing thoughts/good vibes are greatly appreciated, as we're both having a hard time dealing with this finality.

Some times life just sux........

@KingstonsMom Sending lots of healing thoughts. Hugs to you and your daughter.❤️🌸

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

My sister had this done many years ago.  She did have to be on the couch for awhile to heal.  I could be wrong but I feel like you are saying she can't then have more children. Maybe I am wrong.  ??  But I try to see the glass as 1/2 full, and I guess I'd be glad that she will be around for many more years, Lord willing.  I'll remember her and you and her husband at this time.  I'm sorry if it means she won't be able to have a baby, but I'm glad you'll still have her around for hopefully much longer.  

@qualitygal 

You're right, she'll never have the pleasure of being a mother, nor I a grandmother, but at least she'll still be with us and that's the most important thing.

Thank you for caring.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I went back and got rid of my post not wanting to offend in my confusion, but thank you for responding.  I understand. Best of luck to you all.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry, @KingstonsMom. You and your family are in my prayers. I hope your dd does well with this surgery.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I do not have the right words.

There are my friends and friends of DD who have gotten the news that there can be no children. Such devastating news. 

I offer you cyber hugs here whenever you want them.

My experience with women who have been dealt this hand in life is to be gentle (quietly) and only talk about it when and if they want to.

My sympathy I send to you both. I do think, like any life loss, it takes time to adjust.

I will be thinking about both of you and keeping you close.

07430F39-6615-415B-A447-5748DD037C38.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

The only thing I know about this surgery is 2 of my 3 older sisters had it done. I do understand the apprehension of a loved one undergoing a major surgery and being a caretaker after they are released from the hospital.  Been on both sides, but my preference will always be myself being the patient, not my wife.

My thoughts go out to you and your daughter.

hckynut

hckynut(john)