Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Online Only Available

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm between meetings, but there is a product on VitaCost that talks about the combination of the two and amino acids.

This is also a hot topic on some Bulletproof Coffee forums.  LOL

NeoCell Collagen Sport Ultimate Recovery Complex

@VaBelle35 what is the name of this Vitacost product. Are they taking about whether or not your should combine amino acid products? 

What are they saying on the Bulletproof Coffee forum? 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm between meetings, but there is a product on VitaCost that talks about the combination of the two and amino acids.

This is also a hot topic on some Bulletproof Coffee forums.  LOL

@VaBelle35 what is the name of this Vitacost product. Are they taking about whether or not your should combine amino acid products? 

What are they saying on the Bulletproof Coffee forum? 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

This is the product:

I didn't read the bulletproof coffee forums, I just saw that a ton of hits came up when I googled. 

1.  I didn't know there were forums dedicated to bulletproof coffee

2.  I was surprised that they were actually putting something other than pure fat in their coffee

LOL

I may read it later if I'm bored.  I have my blood tests tomorrow morning, so I can't eat after 9 pm.  I will hve to keep my hands busy.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I thought he was taking his MC and Whey together because it's a pure protein shot.  MC is protein and Whey is protein.  I will have to see if there is any info on your questions out there about the "take away."

Andrew has me stumped/confused about the amino acid combining. Information I've gathered over decades has recommended that people should not take isolated amino acids together, or with complete proteins, because this reduces the efficacy of the isolated amino acids. 

Essentially your body is always looking to use the various component amino acids together in order to make protein molecules that your body needs. This is so important that the body can actually molecularly transform one amino acid into another amino acid in order to create the protein type that the body needs. Unfortunately, it's not an efficient one amino acid molecule to a different amino acid molecule transformation. -- So the isolated amino acid can get gobbled up in the transformation. 

So the recommendation is to take isolated amino acids 2-4 hours apart from protein (or another amino acid). I take tryptophan five nights a week and glutamone every mid afternoon, so that makes my daily protein intake meals challenging. 

I mentioned that I had recently purchased some Doctors Best Collagen. If you go to the Doctors Best website and read the label, you'll notice that the recommendation is to take the collagen away from a protein meal. 

I learned about amino acid utilization decades ago, in reverse, from A Diet for a Small Planet when I was eating a vegetarian diet. As I vegetarian I had to understand how to combine various vegetable amino acids in order for my body to be able to synthesize complete proteins in an efficient manner.

I'm going to call Doctors Best and see what they have to say about this and then do some more research. I've spoken to Procaps Labs and they just say that there isn't an issue. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@VaBelle35 I just got off the phone with the CS rep from Doctors Best. I asked him why the DB Collagen instructions mentioned that it should be taken away from protein. He told me that taking them together interfered with collagen absorbtion. He said that for more info, he would need to do some research. 

Then I told him the info that I shared above and he told me that I was correct. Why he didn't choose to share that info before... well I have no idea. 

He told me that he would check the research that DB had and email me more info. When I get his email, I'll post the info here.

Thanks for the NeoCell Collagen Sport Ultimate Recovery Complex info. I'm going to check out their site.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

-- 

From the DB Collagen page of their website: 

Why does the label of Best Collagen Types 1 & 3 suggest that the product not be mixed with protein supplements?

The Best Collagen Types 1&3 should not be taken with protein powder supplements to ensure optimal absorption. The product can still be taken concurrently with a protein supplement however; the supplements should not be taken at the same time. 

-- 

Instructions from the back of the DB Collagen jar (which are also on their web page): 

___

Added later, from the NeoCell Collagen Sport Ultimate Recovery Complex site. This info was within a discussion of different types of collagens, which essentially are just two different types of proteins. So it would seem that you could extrapolate this info to proteins in general: 

For maximum benefits Collagen Type 1&3 and Type 2 should not be combined at the same time. Each type has different amino acid profiles and is produced by different cells in the body - Types 1&3 by fibroblasts and osteoblasts, Type 2 by chondrocytes. Research has shown that combining Type 1 and Type 2 collagens may reduce the stimulatory effects at the cellular level. While combining the types is not dangerous, for a supplement to be as bioactive and effective as possible we recommend taking the different types of collagen separately throughout the day, giving each type the opportunity to stimulate the correct cells without interference by the incorrect type of collagen. Type 1&3 in the morning and Type 2 at night is a good option.

___

Esteemed Contributor

I sure hope someone (hint,hint @bebe777 @VaBelle35)

sends Andrew the links to these threads so he can see all the interest, excitement and suggestions!!

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

sends Andrew the links to these threads so he can see all the interest, excitement and suggestions!!

@Mary Bailey lol, I'm way ahead of you there. While I haven't emailed Procaps yet, I have told the CS folks that I've spoken with this week about the interest in his broadcasts in the QVC Wellness forum. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Mary Bailey lol, I'm way ahead of you there. While I haven't emailed Procaps yet, I have told the CS folks that I've spoken with this week about the interest in his broadcasts in the QVC Wellness forum. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777   Awesome!!!    I kind of thought that would be the case.

Super Contributor

VaBelle35 wrote:

He did answer A question about the temperature of the liquid for MC.  He said it's a stable protein (I think that was the phrase he used) and so temperature wouldn't hurt it.

Thank you for this. I didn't get to listen to all the broadcasts. Leaving the MC in a glass of water didn't work. Most of it did disolve but I got a skin on top that I couldn't get to mix in. It's very frustrating

Honored Contributor

I use room temperature water.  I put the water in first, then the powder.  Then I mix it and let it sit for a few minutes.  In fact, mine is sitting right now. I'm going to drink it in a few minutes.

The warmer the water, the easier it mixes.  If you put the powder in last, I think it mixes even better.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I suspect Andrew has a google alert for his products (like Leslie Blodgett) and will see these posts in his next update.

< waves to Andrew and Lincoln >

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I forgot to mention that I found the book on Amazon.

No one should be surprised by the title (Fat Burning Factors).  LOL

Sisson

Or the familiar image, as pictures of Mark (and his wife) running on the beach which are a staple of the Mark's Daily Apple website.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN