Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Even though it's Non-GMO it still has Acesulfame Potassium (non-nutritive sweetener), Sucralose (non-nutritive sweetener) in it. Ace K gives me a headache? Does anyone else that uses his Secure Meals get a headache when you drink them?

I have never gotten a headace from his meals. I've used the Whey and do not like it at all. The Soy mixes well with everything and with good results. Mabe it's not perfect, but it's better than the junk found in the super markets. 

Contributor

Is anyone concerned about the artificial sweeteners in the Secure?

Respected Contributor

@SundayPeaches wrote:

Yes. My nurse advised me to avoid artificial sweeteners. I did try Secure a few years ago and did not care for the taste

Respected Contributor

Another concern is a 70 Calorie meal. I eat 4 to 5 small meals a day so this would not provide enough calories for me.

Trusted Contributor

For me, it could only really be a subsitute for breakfast, other meals I need something more substantial .   I use it as one of my snacks beween meals.  Since its so low in calories , i sometimes will have a shake and something around 100 to 150 clories with it.

I feel I need something to chew not only drink.  

Honored Contributor

@SundayPeaches wrote:

@SundayPeaches, I love Andrew's supplements but I won't use the soy Secure mainly because the soy in it can give me an upset stomach about 15% of the time. 

Over time, I've pretty much stayed away from artificial sweeteners. -- At some point, I may pick up his unsweetened Whey protein isolate (10 gms of protein per serving). 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I really like the taste of the coffee secure, mixed with water  is very good. So is the Vanilla flavor, tried the pina colada and didn't care for it so much. Have not tried the chocolate, it looks good.

I have stopped using all Secure a long time ago, it was giving me too much gas and bloating!  Seriously, it just was not worth it.  I think a combination of the soy and artificial sweetener is a turbulant one Smiley Frustrated

Andrew always focus on taste, yes it does taste good, and is creamy and disolves well, but in my opinion, the ingredients are not healthy.

Artificial sweetener is a destructive substance in many ways. And yes it most certainly does cause headaches among other things.

Respected Contributor

I use his powders in smoothies.  Love it.