Esteemed Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman TS 2-24-19

@World Traveler @Nightowlz @VaBelle35 

I just went on HSN to order the daily Essential one and saw there are two formulas - 1000 or 2000IU of  vitamin D.  Is that the only difference?  I couldn't see anything else that was different.

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs  I haven't compared the two, but I use the 2000 IU of Vitamin D3, and I made that decision after listening to Andrew last year. I can't remember what he said that made it the deciding factor for me to go with the 2000, but at the time it made sense. ha!

I will be sure to listen to the presentation carefully to learn why he offers two different formulas. 

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi 

So if I call CS at Procaps, they might help me?

hot-dignity-dog!

just got my bloodwork back from the doctor.

Have been on AL supplements for one year.

The only thin off is the iron and I ordered it.

I will need more MCP too...it is helping my skin condition!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@World Traveler @Nightowlz @VaBelle35 

I just went on HSN to order the daily Essential one and saw there are two formulas - 1000 or 2000IU of  vitamin D.  Is that the only difference?  I couldn't see anything else that was different.

TIA

@tends2dogs  @World Traveler 

They are the same except the amount of D3. Here's a sceenshot comparison from his site.

Essential 1Capture.PNG

Essential 2.PNG

Essential 3.PNG

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

It's not Vitamin K. It's K2MK7. It's different and goes into detail about it because of confusion with Vit K

Vit K1, K2mk4 and K2mk7 can ALL have an impact on clotting function.  K2 seems to last longer in the blood and may smooth some INR values which is good but it is dangerous for those on medication.  

I have bad bones and for sure I would be taking it if I could.  Not knocking it.  Just reminding those who have to be careful.

@Still Raining 

Understood.  

And you'll see some threads this weekend with misinformation and misunderstanding that this is Vit K1.  It happens every time this airs as the special.

Note that Andrew's Vit K2 MK-7 product does contain Vit K1 in it as well - check the label. It contains 50 mcg of Vitamin K-1 (Phytonadione). So I always find it puzzling why during the presentations he makes a point to say that K2 is not like K1 but fails to mention that the product does contain both.

I take several of Andrew's products and have for many years. I trust and appreciate his guidance and how his products are made. But a few years back I tried his Vit K2 MK-7 product and a few weeks later I ended up in the hospital. I'm a healthy individual with no history of conditions and take no medications, so there was no interaction of drugs happening. But I did have severe chest pains (on the right side) that resulted in an ER visit and then a hospital stay. A stress test and ultrasound on the heart were performed but no abnormalities were found.

The only thing I had added or changed in my lifestyle at that time was I started taking the Vit K2 product. I liked what Andrew had said about it - mainly that it directs the calcium where it should go and not where it shouldn't. But then a few weeks later the severe chest pains began and lasted on & off for days. Needless to say, after coming home from the hospital, I pitched the bottle of K2 out and won't ever consider trying it again.

Of course this is just my story and everyone is different but I felt compelled to share it since this product is being discussed here.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@tends2dogs  I haven't compared the two, but I use the 2000 IU of Vitamin D3, and I made that decision after listening to Andrew last year. I can't remember what he said that made it the deciding factor for me to go with the 2000, but at the time it made sense. ha!

I will be sure to listen to the presentation carefully to learn why he offers two different formulas. 

@World Traveler   Be sure to have your D3 level tested when you have a yearly blood panel, if you do.  My level was high, so I dropped the amount to the 2000 in the daily vitamin and will find out soon if this amount is right.  I was told to stop taking it, but I believe in D3 too much to stop.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Thanks! I just had my lab work done last month and everything was super-duper, according to my doctor. But I didn't ask for that to be included. I will have to check the results and see if it is indicated on there.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz What would we do without you? Thanks for the comparison chart. Heart

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@mousiegirl  Thanks! I just had my lab work done last month and everything was super-duper, according to my doctor. But I didn't ask for that to be included. I will have to check the results and see if it is indicated on there.

@World Traveler   I have found doctors don't order the D3 test unless the patient requests it, then they ask why, and good thing I did request it.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I believe you are correct.

I just checked my lab results from last month and there is no Vitamin D listed at all, much less D3.

However, remembering that one year I did ask specifically for that, I found it on my 2016 results. Although it is not D3, my regular Vitamin D results were within reference range; in fact, the results showed I was midway.

Next year I will have to remember to ask for the D3 testing.