Valued Contributor

Andrew Lessman Marine Collegen Peptides?

Does anyone know of a good replacement for the A.L. product that isn't quite so expensive?  Also, anyone have his schedule for August?  

QVC Customer Care

Re: Andrew Lessman Marine Collegen Peptides?

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to a retail site.

Honored Contributor

It was a TSV on July 16. I bought the TSV. Sorry I dont know of another brand.

Trusted Contributor

I, too, purchased the TSV.   I haven't noticed a difference yet.  Love Andrews vitamins. 

Trusted Contributor

It's not marine but another collagen alternative is the Neocell brand. I took the powder form for years before I decided to try the Procaps brand. Not sure if there is a big difference. I've bought this at I-herb or Vitacost. 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie

Marine is the superior form of Collagen. I believe there are studies about it.  There may be other marine Collagen supplements but I have only used ProCaps. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Marine collagen is made from fish scales. You can find marine collagen supplements when you go to look for "fish collagen".

Amazon has a brand "Bulksupplements". They make a product that is 100% pure marine collagen powder.  A bag weighing 2.2 pounds costs about $50.

@patticakes

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

@Teddie

Marine is the superior form of Collagen. I believe there are studies about it.  There may be other marine Collagen supplements but I have only used ProCaps. 

@willdob3  You are right about the marine form of collagen. Before we knew about that many of us years ago were taking the Neocell brand. It was all the rage and everyone was talking about the benefits they were getting.  I was just commenting that I haven't been able to tell a difference yet, but that may be because I had already been taking the other form. 

I always enjoy your health posts. : )

Honored Contributor

Yes, marine collagen is "superior" because it exhibits higher bioavailability than bovine, chicken or pig collagen. This means marine collagen is easier absorbed than those others. 

Valued Contributor

Spoiler

Are all of the Marine Collagen products in powdered form, which is the way Andrew Lessman's is, I believe?  Also, do you put the powder in a smoothie or how do you use the powdered product?