Esteemed Contributor

Andrew Lessman Cranberry plus DMannose

Bring on a biologic I have to watch for UTI. I have been taking cranberry pills for about 3 years and have just had one infection since then.

Have any of you used this product and feel like it has worked. I recently bought some d Mannose. I like this product because it has cranberry in it too. Any thoughts on the product would be appreciated.
Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Cranberry plus DMannose

I don't take cranberry due to GERD; it's too acidic and irritating for my gut.

But because I've been prone to UTI's for decades, I take D-Mannose and it has really helped with prevention and bladder health.

I've tried several brands but my fave is Now D-Mannose 500 mg Capsules.

The recommended total daily dosage is 1500 mg.

Some people take one capsules TID (3xs/day), but I just take all 3 with breakfast.

I like taking all of my supplements first thing so I don't forget them.

Regular Contributor

I have used these capsules for several years. It has been a relief to my chronic UTIs. I began taking one capsule twice a day. I am now down to one capsule once a day. So far , so good. I also drink plenty of water. I know that nothing is perfect but I have been UTI free for two years. Hope this helps. I plan to continue this regimen .Good Luck!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought the nutricost mannose on Amazon. Will take them in the morning and finish my cranberry at night. I might get these in the future since it has both cranberry and d mannose. Thanks for the input. I have never really used his supplements before. The price seems pretty good too.
Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
I just bought the nutricost mannose on Amazon. Will take them in the morning and finish my cranberry at night. I might get these in the future since it has both cranberry and d mannose. Thanks for the input. I have never really used his supplements before. The price seems pretty good too.

I've used Nutricost as well but without the cranberry; definitely works.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday  I haven't tried Andrew's cranberry  but I have tried Urinari-X and it has helped me.  It has cranberry, d-mannose and marshmallow root (that coats the bladder)

along with a couple of ingredients. I make sure I have it on hand.

It does have grapefruit seed extract. That might be a problem though for some.

Honored Contributor

This is interesting since DManose is a bladder calmer it coats the inside so bad things do not stick to it and Cranberry is a known bladder irritant

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
Bring on a biologic I have to watch for UTI. I have been taking cranberry pills for about 3 years and have just had one infection since then.

Have any of you used this product and feel like it has worked. I recently bought some d Mannose. I like this product because it has cranberry in it too. Any thoughts on the product would be appreciated.

@ccassaday  D-Mannose is great for UTI prevention.  The cranberry pills is added protection.  

I use many of Andrew's products and swear by them.  This is one, however, you can find at a much lower price and still work for you.

Amazon and Vitacost to name a couple options.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday Have been taking Andrew's Lessman Cranberry D Mannose religiously after having  my first and worst UTI  about 2 years  ago. Having a physician he just loaded me up with antibiotics if one wasn't doing the job ,he called in another stronger one and when urine test came back ordered another one and even spoke about admitting me to the hospital  I was getting annoyed. After all I went through started to do my own research and have been a follower of Andrew Lessman for many years  saw the Cranberry D Mannose  ordered  along with his Probiotics because of all the antibiotics I was given,haven't had another UTI and will not be without them .Remember hearing the doctor saying  as you age you might be more prone to them. Know  doctors work for the pharmaceutical companies that why I guess they would never mention products  like what Andrew sells.

Honored Contributor

This is the D-Mannose I've been taking.  Under $20 for a 6 month supply. No cranberry. Approved by my urologist. 

IMG_3459.jpeg