Honored Contributor

I did not find out I am O positive until a few months ago when I was going through some hospital paperwork from my hip replacement. Due to my immune issues I can not donate blood. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you know your Blood Type

We did find that out in 10th grade science class.  Don't know if t's reliable or not.  I'd check with my doctor now.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I know mine.  If you donate blood, it is printed on your donor card.

Interesting note:  my DH's blood type changed after his bone marrow transplant.  His sister was his donor and he now has her blood type.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox 

Im O Positive too.😃🌸. 
If memory serves, I think it's the most common blood type.

For some reason, my mom had me memorize my blood type in first grade, although I really don't know why lol.

However, I think it's O Negative blood that can be used most universally for people needing blood.🩸 

Respected Contributor

Yes I have known my blood type which is RHONegative since I was young. It is important to know what you have.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs Never donated blood never had the opportunity to, tried after 9-11 but there was no need  and now I cant due to my immune issues.

@tends2dogs wrote:

Yes, I know mine.  If you donate blood, it is printed on your donor card.

Interesting note:  my DH's blood type changed after his bone marrow transplant.  His sister was his donor and he now has her blood type.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

A+ for me, my OB checked mine when I was pregnant years ago. 

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Don't feel bad.  I can't donate for the same reasons.😔

Respected Contributor

I have always known I was RH negative because both of my parents are. I was the third child and back in those days a baby needed a transfusion if the father was positive.  My mother often told the story of them setting up for the transfusion and the doctor coming in and letting them know my dad was also rh negative.

I had to get a shot while pregnant because my husband was positive.  I think both my daughters are positive.

Honored Contributor

Yes. Have know it for 55 years.