Respected Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman Collegen TS ?

I take collagen primarily for my joints vs. hair/skin/nails and any beauty benefit is a plus.  I've tried various brands (including ProCaps Marine Collagen).  Been using Ancient Nutrition's Multi Collagen protein (Dr. Axe) because it includes 5 types of collagen, whereas Vital Protein only includes I and III and I didn't think it would provide enough joint support.

@tsavorite and @Suzeecat and anyone else, what type of joint support do you feel you get from Vital Protein's collagen?

Costco does have it onsale but it's $24.99 plus $3 for delivery ordering online.  Still a decent price and I don't know that I need 2 scoops or 20g, so using less would certainly make it reasonable.  

Respected Contributor

@sueinsf, I have no diagnosed issues, I just go by how I feel.  In particular, when I was taking the Great Lakes collagen (that recently skyrocketed in price), I had no joint pain.  When I switched to Lessman, I noticed pain in my hands (I had forgotten I had before taking the Great Lakes brand), in particular when moving my thumbs.  When I switched to Vital Protein, the pain went away.  Not real scientific, but I'm sticking with the Vital Protein for now.  I am lucky to have a Costco nearby so I don't have to pay shipping.  Also, at my Costco the sale price is $21, limit 3 (per visit Woman Wink)

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Suzeecat.  Whatever works!!  I'm sure it's less in store - that's a common Costco practice, so $21 vs $24.99 doesn't surprise me.  Many items have shipping included but this one does not.  I'm probably going to hold off - although I was just looking at the Codeage Platinum which is also at Costco.  Not that I need the additional 5,000IU of vitamin D nor 10,000 mcg of Biotin.  For now, I sitill have 2 packages of the Ancient Nutrition and they will likely run a sale before I run out (periodically it's buy 2 get 1 free) or it will be on sale elsewhere when I need more or I will try another brand later.

Frequent Contributor

@sueinsf I like Ancient Nutrition, and that it has all five types of collagen. Last year, I think on Cyber Monday, I got a three pack for $68 (normally $49 each). If they have a similar sale this year, I'll buy enough for the entire year.
Respected Contributor

@monie monie wrote:
@sueinsfI like Ancient Nutrition, and that it has all five types of collagen. Last year, I think on Cyber Monday, I got a three pack for $68 (normally $49 each). If they have a similar sale this year, I'll buy enough for the entire year.

@monie monie I usually buy when they do a buy 2 get 1 free and I think it comes out to about $30/bottle.  If there is a 3 pack for $68 I'd definitely get that!  Let's hope we see it this year.