Honored Contributor

Re: Andrew Lessman April Monthly Specials

@World Traveler wrote:

@Nightowlz Do you think that if he runs out, he will produce more ChocoNuvo? Just wondering because I have a few people who say they want to order, but aren't in a hurry. Oh, well, they had fair warning! ha!

@World Traveler 

I would think he would make it as long as he has everything to do that. I doubt he would run out but you never know. If they live where it's already getting hot I would not wait.

It was almost 90° here today. We have a front moving in with cooler temps next several days with 60 mph winds tomorrow & high fire danger. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz WOW! 90 degrees already? It's only April. Smiley Surprised

I have been encouraging everyone to order quickly, telling them he may run out. Not trying to give the scare tactic, but just alerting them to the facts. 

Honored Contributor

Have my credit card all ready for this weekend's presentations.....just in case! Heart

Trusted Contributor

My ChocoNuvo order is on hold until I hear back about the cadmium level in the cacao they use.  Customer service said they didn't have the equipment to test it but will ask the lab for results and get back with me.  May seem silly to be concerned about this since cadmium is found in the soil and it's impossilbe to get totally free cadmium cacao.  Even some "organic" brands have high levels.  But if I'm going to eat two squares a day, I just want to know all the info.  I sure hope the levels in Lessman's is low - I'm really looking forward to having those squares melt in my mouth.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose  Be sure to let us know what you find out. They are pretty good about getting back with me when I ask questions, so I assume you will have a satisfactory reply soon.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler,  Just now heard back....... 

“We do not specifically test for cadmium levels. However, we do test all of our products for any heavy metals and toxins, and we meet or exceed all safety standards in regards to heavy metals and toxins.”

Not sure what to make of this.  They don't test levels, yet they know their products meets or exceed all safety standards??  Oh well, that's the answer.  Time to drop it.

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose Hmmmm.....interesting answer they gave you. Albeit, they were truthful in telling you they don't test for cadmium. If they do, however, test for heavy metals and toxins, is cadmium considered a heavy metal/toxin normally, to your knowledge?

Honored Contributor

Just did a Google search on cadmium, asking if it was considered a heavy metal/toxin, and this is what I got:

Cadmium is a naturally occurring toxic heavy metal with common exposure in industrial workplaces, plant soils, and from smoking. Due to its low permissible exposure in humans, overexposure may occur even in situations where trace quantities of cadmium are found. Cadmium is used extensively in electroplating, although the nature of the operation does not generally lead to overexposure.

Although I trust Andrew wouldn't have something that would not be good for one's body in any of his products, if you are unsure, you are right to "drop it." Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Nightowlz WOW! 90 degrees already? It's only April. Smiley Surprised

I have been encouraging everyone to order quickly, telling them he may run out. Not trying to give the scare tactic, but just alerting them to the facts. 

@World Traveler 

That was only for 2 days. It's now gone & it's 45° feels like 39°. Temps will start going back up Sun after Sats rain moves out. Only going to be in the  70's.

I have to put the electric blanket back on the bed today for the next 2 nights. I hate this time of year where I have to keep changing blankets. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@yellowrose wrote:

@World Traveler,  Just now heard back....... 

“We do not specifically test for cadmium levels. However, we do test all of our products for any heavy metals and toxins, and we meet or exceed all safety standards in regards to heavy metals and toxins.”

Not sure what to make of this.  They don't test levels, yet they know their products meets or exceed all safety standards??  Oh well, that's the answer.  Time to drop it.

@yellowrose 

If sounds like they test for total amount of heavy metals/toxins and that includes cadmium but doesn’t give individual numbers for the different ones. You don’t have a number but you know it is within safe amounts.