Honored Contributor

I saw a commercial for this and checked the website.  It looks interesting for weight loss.  Has anyone tried it?

Esteemed Contributor

No but I’m curious too.I’d like to know more about it before I sign up. I only have about 8 or 10 lbs to lose.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50

I’d never heard of it so I checked it out. It is based on incorrect information, outdated, calories and exercise. I’m surprised but it will probably make lots of money - because people will keep trying and it will keep failing them.

Honored Contributor

Well, I did some more investigating and it does not get good reviews mainly for customer service in trying to get a refund.  Plus I do not have a smart phone and I don't have "apps" which this seems to be geared to.  I'll skip it.

Honored Contributor

When I heard about NOOM earlier this year, it was marketed 

as a motivational tool only.  Thought that would be good, yes?

Fast forward to today...looked on their Instagram page & 

it’s filled with pictures of food.  And the ‘coaches’ gives

nutritional advice.  Thought it was a habit-building tool.

Someone referred to it as ‘Weight-Watchers for Millenials.’

Like the idea of Habit-Building...and there are tons of apps out

there for change-a-habit for long term success.  But just using

pen-to-paper for Food Journaling is more effective...something

scientific about the handwriting action of writing which is 

better than online/typing.

Funny how this NOOM is the Internet Chosen One. Why? 💁‍♀️💁‍♂️

Respected Contributor

Dont bother! I signed up for the trial period and cancelled after a weel.  No particular diet. Just mostly touchy feely stuff.  Nothing we dont allready know! Similiar to WW

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ@I think if you eat low cholesterol and low sugar and get in enough exercise you could dump that ten pounds without noom.I walk for 3 miles every night after dinner and that keeps the weight off.I think it gets the metabolism burning after a big meal.We keep our house cool which also helps so that you don’t get sleepy and your body has to burn energy.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ

Analyze everything you eat, and how much(not calories). Almost everyone can find some small tweaks to make, and over time, easily lose the little amount of weight you mention. 

When you reach your desired weight, keep doing the same and WALLAH, you can actually easily(if you fully commit), maintain that same weight. Doesn't take an X or Y Program, just a true self analysis and commitment.

Best to you,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

$ave your well earned dollar$ on this marketing ploy.

Sleep well, eat clean as much as you can, and move...keep moving.

Create a mental checklist of all the things you DO LOVE about yourself and don't let jerks or comparisons get you down.

Stay tru to u and your whole self will feel better.

Especially your wallet for not wa$ting money/time/energy on hyped marketing garbage.

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@NicksmomESQ

Analyze everything you eat, and how much(not calories). Almost everyone can find some small tweaks to make, and over time, easily lose the little amount of weight you mention. 

When you reach your desired weight, keep doing the same and WALLAH, you can actually easily(if you fully commit), maintain that same weight. Doesn't take an X or Y Program, just a true self analysis and commitment.

Best to you,

hckynut(john)

@hckynut...John I saw a report on our news today about this 95 year old judge who love ice-skating. I thought of you when I saw it. Amazing man like yourself who loves keeping active!

https://mobile.reuters.com/video/2018/08/22/95-year-old-federal-judge-who-ice-dances?videoId=4571198...