Honored Contributor

I forgot - Ms PoodlePet - I love your name. We have a poodle pet too - a standard black & white tuxedo or parti poodle named Wally (Wallace).

He too likes the tempurpedic!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I don't know much about the adjustable beds. I did go with a friend when she purchased hers, so I heard the whole spiel. I also know she had spent nearly $2000 the previous year for a new set-up but was still in so much pain that sleeping in her recliner was better for her.

She bought a Sleep Comfort bed and gifted that mattress to her neighbor directly across the street as a payback for all that woman has done for her over the last 10 years. The Sleep Comfort delivery men carried the whole gifted set across the street for her, set up the SC adjustable and for the first time in several years, she has been sleeping in a bed every night. I'd call that nice service!

She's moving to an independent (or assisted, not sure which)living facility soon. So far the only firm decision she has made is that the bed will go with her. I'm going to suggest she call the Sleep Comfort store to see if they would move that bed - for some kind of fee, of course. I'd just want trained people involved to move that bed. I think she spent well over $4000 for it.

BTW- I don't do it, but the chiropractor I use most successfully when I have pain recommends replacing a mattress about every 7 years, not just TV talkers.

Honored Contributor
Thanks all for your comments. Very helpful. I hadn't thought about space problems in bringing up my stairs. The bed would be expensive enough without costly repairs to my walls afterwards.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Super Contributor

We are in process of choosing a new bed.  I hope that more people who have adjustable beds will respond with their likes and dislikes.  Was it worth the extra expense?  (This is an old thread, but with the new format I couldn't figure out how to start a new one!) thanks to those who will respond!

Honored Contributor

@Golfing Nancy wrote:

We are in process of choosing a new bed.  I hope that more people who have adjustable beds will respond with their likes and dislikes.  Was it worth the extra expense?  (This is an old thread, but with the new format I couldn't figure out how to start a new one!) thanks to those who will respond!

Golfing Nancy, after going to a bedding store and laying on one, I decided not to get one.  Being short, the bed didn't seem to fit my frame.  My purpose in wanting one was not only to sit up and read in more comfort but to keep my right knee up, not straight.  It locks up on me and is very painful when I wake up and it being straight all night.  I decided it would be easier and cheaper to sleep with a pillow underneath.

Hope you get some helpful responses.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Frequent Contributor

I've had a Tempur-pedic adjustable bed for about 5 years.  I love it.  My back problems seem to melt away when I lie down at night.  I  get a great nights sleep .   When you go to the showroom lie down on the different mattresses to test their comfort.  I spent aout 20 minutes lying on each type of mattress to see how comfortable they were.  Just lying there and getting up right away won't give you a true idea of their comfort.  Get in your usual sleeping position. We told the salesperson that we were going to purchase a bed and she was very was helpful.  You'll never be sorry if you give it a good try out in the store.

Honored Contributor

Thank you  for your reply..i guess i will keep my present bed or get a all memory foam mattress.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing your experience. We have tried several mattresses but not for 20".  You are right.  Just a minute or two doesn't really tell much!