Esteemed Contributor

Just for me, not making any claims, YMMV, don't quote me 😁

My first Pfizer was one of worst nights I ever had.  Chills and fever don't even cover it.

The second one was put down with one (1) Tylenol.  End of story.

People really vary.

Respected Contributor

I ran a fever after both Pfizer shots. The day after both, I slept a good part of the day. My arm was very sore for 2 days.

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

A needle in your arm - and then your body will do what YOUR body will do - each person's reaction is different.

You'll be okay - not to worry m'dear.

Deeeeep Breath.  

Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

thank-you everyone for feedback.i tend to worry when not necessary

Super Contributor

Re: 2nd vaccine

[ Edited ]

Had my 2nd Moderna on Monday.   Yesterday was awful.  Just felt so bad.  Headache, fever, muscle aches, and total exhaustion.

I took Tylenol the next morning after my shot and throughout the day yesterday.  Woke up this morning and felt about 80% better.  I decided to go to work because I know the work is piling up and I didn't want to miss too many days in a row.

I was too tired to wash  my hair so I said, what the heck, I'll look how I look, at least I made the effort to come in.

I did ok, but got real fatigued around 11am.   I took some Emegen-C and it made me feel better.   I ate some lunch at my desk.  I was really busy at work and I think the effort I put in just drained me.  By 3pm I asked to leave.  

I feel about 90% better now, just tired.  My arm feels better.  I have no fever but still some muscle aches and a bit of a headache.   But not as bad as earlier.  I think by tomorrow, I'll feel better.  Luckily I get to work from home tomorrow, so I'll get to sleep in a bit.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can deal with 48 hours of flu type feeling to protect myself.   Heard on the news on NPR on my way home that the UK Variant is now the #1 strain in the U.S.   Let's hope the vaccines can fight it. 

Honored Contributor

@Ladygray wrote:

Had my 2nd Moderna on Monday.   Yesterday was awful.  Just felt so bad.  Headache, fever, muscle aches, and total exhaustion.

I took Tylenol the next morning after my shot and throughout the day yesterday.  Woke up this morning and felt about 80% better.  I decided to go to work because I know the work is piling up and I didn't want to miss too many days in a row.

I was too tired to wash  my hair so I said, what the heck, I'll look how I look, at least I made the effort to come in.

I did ok, but got real fatigued around 11am.   I took some Emegen-C and it made me feel better.   I ate some lunch at my desk.  I was really busy at work and I think the effort I put in just drained me.  By 3pm I asked to leave.  

I feel about 90% better now, just tired.  My arm feels better.  I have no fever but still some muscle aches and a bit of a headache.   But not as bad as earlier.  I think by tomorrow, I'll feel better.  Luckily I get to work from home tomorrow, so I'll get to sleep in a bit.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I can deal with 48 hours of flu type feeling to protect myself.   Heard on the news on NPR on my way home that the UK Variant is now the #1 strain in the U.S.   Let's hope the vaccines can fight it. 

I am glad you are feeling 90% better!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

thank-you everyone for feedback.i tend to worry when not necessary

___________________________________________________--

Good luck @Luvsmyfam!  I did fine with both of my vaccines and hopefully you will as well.  Just remember that if your arm starts to get sore, really work that arm by doing arm clrcles, flexing & extending the elbow, etc.   That helps get circulation to the vaccination site and helps to move the vaccine into central circulation.  

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *