Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Those are short-term side effects. I'm very worried about long-term side effects, which no one can predict at this point. Those with auto-immune disorders and medication sensitivities might not do so well down the road. I'll pass on the vaccine. 

@Effie54 

What makes you think there will be "long-term side effects"? No prooof. Too bad you aren't geting the vaccine. I feel those that don't will contribute to this cycle of the virus staying with us a heck of a lot longer. Thanks.

Her body, her choice. 

No need to shame anyone because they don't want it.

Esteemed Contributor

My DB got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.  He had flu like symptoms the next day.   My cardiologist received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.  He had flu like symptoms for two days.   My SIL was fine after both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.   I have heard from numerous people who felt ill after the second dose.. not sure which vaccine they received.   My SIL seems to be the only person I know who had no reaction after the second dose.  My DH and I both got our first dose of the Moderna vaccine (we both have underlying health issues).  We had sore arms at the injection site.  I imagine we will have some sort of reaction when we go for our second dose in early March.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

My DB got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.  He had flu like symptoms the next day.   My cardiologist received both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.  He had flu like symptoms for two days.   My SIL was fine after both doses of the Pfizer vaccine.   I have heard from numerous people who felt ill after the second dose.. not sure which vaccine they received.   My SIL seems to be the only person I know who had no reaction after the second dose.  My DH and I both got our first dose of the Moderna vaccine (we both have underlying health issues).  We had sore arms at the injection site.  I imagine we will have some sort of reaction when we go for our second dose in early March.  

@Boehm Collector my husband and I had both doses of Pfizer.  After the first one by 5PM that night we were both exhausted, we could hardly keep our eyes open!  After the second, no reactions at all.. 

It's just weird how it affects some and not others.

Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

Those are short-term side effects. I'm very worried about long-term side effects, which no one can predict at this point. Those with auto-immune disorders and medication sensitivities might not do so well down the road. I'll pass on the vaccine. 

@Effie54 

What makes you think there will be "long-term side effects"? No prooof. Too bad you aren't geting the vaccine. I feel those that don't will contribute to this cycle of the virus staying with us a heck of a lot longer. Thanks.

@ID2 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 

And what makes you think there won't be? There are always side-effects. Have you not seen the side-effects from previous vaccines? I have and some have been life altering and devastating. Its a small percentage yes, but I refuse to let the scare tactics of the media force me into something I will regret later. 

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54 

Her body, her choice. 

No need to shame anyone because they don't want it.

What she does with her body affects everyone else, unfortunately. If it were just a matter of refusing treatment for something that was not communicable, that would be a different story. Something like refusing to have a doctor set a broken leg. Her leg, her decision.

People refusing to be vaccinated are causing harm to others. They have the right to do it, but we shouldn't shy away from the negative consequences to everyone else. Hopefully they will be outnumbered and the harm caused will be minimized.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

And what makes you think there won't be? There are always side-effects. Have you not seen the side-effects from previous vaccines? I have and some have been life altering and devastating. Its a small percentage yes, but I refuse to let the scare tactics of the media force me into something I will regret later. 

You don't know you'd have side effects. You can't really know anything one way or another. You don't know how severely Covid would affect you either. But chances are good that it would be worse than a sore spot on the arm for a day. It could kill you, or give you lasting breathing problems, or create the need for a lung transplant. Or it could feel like a bad bout of the flu. Or you could be mildly symptomatic, though for a lot longer than the mild effect of a vaccination.

Everyone I know who has gotten vaccinated has had arm soreness. Except one who had no arm soreness. And one person felt tired and took an early nap, felt fine the next day. No regrets no bad side effects. Waaaaaay better than getting Covid.

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

Many in healthcare are refusing the vaccine even though they have seen first hand what covid does to you.  

I would never scold anyone for being afraid.   

Honored Contributor

Re: 2nd Vaccine Results

[ Edited ]

@agb80 wrote:

Many in healthcare are refusing the vaccine even though they have seen first hand what covid does to you.  

I would never scold anyone for being afraid.   

It's only 15%. So 85% are getting it. What scares me is that apparently most of the 15% who are hesitant are ths staff in long term care facilites.

Their elderly patients need to be protected. If those who care for our most vulnerable family members don't trust and follow medical guidelines, how safe can our elders be?

I don't think anyone in this forum should be scolded, but I'd like a word with whoever is scaring the long term care health workers this much.

Honored Contributor

my 80 year old mom had hers on monday.

my 69 year old ex had his on tuesday.

neither of them have complained about any side effects.

they both had the pfizer shot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Hubby had his second shot yesterday. Today he said he felt extremely tired but nothing else. He had Pfizer