Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Commit To Be Fit Challenge

I hate to admit it but I have not been working too hard on my fitness goals.We are still away visiting our son.We have been walking a little but it is so cold and we didn’t bring cold weather gear.We are also eating bad foods.I will be behind all of you until the 8th when we return home.I know excuses...excuses but look out cause I will be on my game in a few more days.I have been picking up tips reading what everyone else is up to so please keep them coming.Congradulations to everyone who got started on their fitness goals!I am excited to hear about successes and ready to lift up those who are struggling.

Honored Contributor

F08B1F0B-0489-4FF3-A8F7-179B284A3515.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:
@KonaKat thanks for your advise. I was thinking it would be good to show doctor results. I also am interested in the sleep info as well.

Full disclosure, my DH bought me a beautiful watch that I still want to wear, so that is part of the reason I am on the fence in purchasing. As you can tell I over think things sometimes.

I wear my watches on my left wrist but wear the FitBit on the right. When you set it up, it asks if you are right or left handed. I didn't see that it made any difference in results when I wore it both ways for comparison but then I am ambidexterous. My niece also switched to wearing hers on the right wrist. To get a good sleep analysis, you likely need to have at least 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep; otherwise it will just report time asleep and time awake. This is an example of one of the charts you get:Sleep1129.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone! 02/04/2018

Starting to really feel excited about my challenge and my goal. I feel it has lifted me out of a grey fog I had been in the past 6 months where I had put on a few unwanted pounds and just felt defeated.... now just 4 days into my challenge I feel positive, happy and looking ahead!  It is a good feeling to get out of that feeling of defeat. Your posts cheer me on as I see others becoming positive as well!

I was tempted to purchase the TS fitbit  watch as my three year old HR fitbit  I bought at Costco  is starting to come apart where the band meets the actual watch face.  I taped it together the best I could... but it continues to come apart.  It did not come with a way to replace the band on the one I bought. These really are made very cheap and are not made to last.....

I went to Amazon and purchased a different model Fitbit HR  on my Amaxon Prime ( with same day free shipping so I will get it today!)  It has a  bigger face on it.  I think the TS  has too small a face and looks hard to read. It is also water proof and has all the other options that the TS offered for only $129.

I usually wear my fit bit around my  ankle, so I ordered the large.  I feel the step count is more accurate wearing it around my ankle( un buckled under my sock),  than having the watch on wrist and  the fit bit is clicking steps if you do movement with your arms while not walking.  I wear the watch underneath my stockings which are  those ones for good blood  circulation. It works well for me. If I want to see my heart rate or watch my step count or see my sleep,  I can always put it around my wrist.

Hope everyone has a great day! Stay strong!

Valued Contributor

@dex Thanks that helps a lot.

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Valued Contributor

@SeaMaiden I also have a 15 year old Proform treadmill and the other day I started to smell something burning. Yippee my treadmill is dying and I can get another one. However, DH fixed it. Darn.lol

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

@SeaMaiden I also have a 15 year old Proform treadmill and the other day I started to smell something burning. Yippee my treadmill is dying and I can get another one. However, DH fixed it. Darn.lol

@SandPiper 

well when mine burns up... my DH will not be able to fix it... THANK GOD  lol!  

Esteemed Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

Looking for opinions.  Should I get the TSV Fitbit? I don't have one. I track my steps through app on smartphone. Are they easy to use, worth it, etc. Do you find the readings accurate. Or will it be one of those things I throw in a drawer never to see the light again. Thanks everyone. 

Have a great day!! 

@SandPiper

I can't speak to this particular Fitbit, but I do have an older model. The Flex 2, that I purchased last year before I completely jumped off the common sense train.  I  used it consistently and with great success. I put it away for about three months and I have just recently started wearing again.(New Year)  I find it helpful, accurate, and motivational.  I have it Sync  to my I-phone and enjoy having the information readily available.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

I hate to admit it but I have not been working too hard on my fitness goals.We are still away visiting our son.We have been walking a little but it is so cold and we didn’t bring cold weather gear.We are also eating bad foods.I will be behind all of you until the 8th when we return home.I know excuses...excuses but look out cause I will be on my game in a few more days.I have been picking up tips reading what everyone else is up to so please keep them coming.Congradulations to everyone who got started on their fitness goals!I am excited to hear about successes and ready to lift up those who are struggling.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that in having an enjoyable holiday and visit time with your family.  I did the same thing and from Christmas Eve until Jan. 2nd when I was back to work was my eat what I wanted and how much I wanted.  I was still exercising every day but there was not a "rabbit food" in sight unless it had cream cheese ect .... on it. 

Back on track  now and set my next goal for having a great meal with dessert on Jan. 14th when my son is going to grill us our annual January luncheon.  We do this day every year for a treat to try to get through the winter with no holidays in sight.

So have fun @dex I am a firm believer in it only comes one time a year and one year it may not come again.Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@dex

How about do one thing...until you return on 1/8?

Drink more water.

Set a small water goal...like 2 liters...and stick to it.

Most of us are dehydrated due to the indoor heat...

and it’s available at your son’s place.

You can do it! 

💧💦💧💦💧💦💧💦