WEN

Super Contributor

thanks everyone.  i had to toss a lavander.   looked on several web sites and most say 2 years.  don't think i am going to stock pile anymore.  i did get severel cc this last visit.  but i use them daily

have a great sunday

Honored Contributor
I was sent cc with a manufacturing date of 2016 from QVC this year. I’m using them with no issues. Should I be concerned with the date?
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal No, I don't believe you should be concerned with the date of 2016, especially since you are having no issues. If the scent is still evident and the performance is as you would expect it to be, I would consider it good, wouldn't you? Heart

I have some old stuff (three years old) that I just opened up. Smells great, there is no separation of the product in the container, and it is working great, like it should. Smiley Happy

I once asked Chaz about it while in his salon, and he said that they are required to put a manufacturing date on it, that's why it is there. Some products, like supplements and prescriptions, have expiration dates. So I am not sure what the criteria is for whether it is the manufacturing date or the expiration date that must be put on a product.

Also, I checked his gallon containers in the salon reception area, the ones you can buy, and have seen manufacturing dates that are a year old, so it's not like he gets fresh-off-the-assembly-line product and we get old stuff. He said the salon gets their supply from the same place/manufacturer that we all get it. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much for the reply @World Traveler.  You are the Wen Guru!