WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Will seasonal ancillary products be offered next year?

[ Edited ]

With this coming year, starting with Fall, there will not be any new seasonal scent formulas for a while. With each new scent developed in the past, there always was a wonderful choice of scent's accompanying products - Styling Cream, Replenishing Mist, Hair Mask, Mousse, Oil, etc.

Will be seasonal ancillary products offered next year at all on QVC?

Or, you think, Chaz site will be the only source to get these products in their season?

Something has to take a place of these products on the Q, maybe totally new products discussed in eariler posts, or could it be that Chaz will bring all three choices of ancillary products for each formula of season?

THIS would be totally great! I think the accompanying products should always be available in their season! I want to buy them on the Q, and not on ebay.

Love Wen! Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: Will seasonal ancillary products be offered next year?

I have no idea and wouldn't even begin to know how to guess. You might want to follow Chaz on Periscope and ask him. He live streams at least 5 times a day. 

Trusted Contributor

Who knows?? For the record, the seasonal mousse and styling cream were first made for SHP, we have not seen those created for any seasonals prior to that.

I would love to see all of the ancillary products here at QVC, for each seasonal formula offered. It's all up to the buyers at QVC, depends on what they decide to bring in. If I remember correctly, Chaz said he had to convince them to offer the SHP mousse/SC. They bought a very limited amount, and it sold out very quickly.

Personally, I have no interest in the fall/winter styling products. However, I would purchase SC and mousse in SOB and SMC (it's never been offered) and also in SHL. It would also be nice to have the option to buy any of the seasonal oils/RTMs here, during their appropriate seasons.

Since we won't see new seasonal formulas, perhaps we'll see new seasonal configurations. Maybe a set of RTMs, or a set of small oils?
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, this is exactly the point of my post, DoxieMomma.

I would like to have this discussion, to maybe hear other wenners, if they also interested in having seasonal ancilary products being AVAILABLE on the QVC for purchase in the season along with Cleansing Conditioners offered.

To me, it only makes sense, and I want to buy same scent, lets say oil or a mousse along with my favorite CC! Why not?

I know, Chaz sometimes has problem trying to convince QVC in the obvious.

Maybe, just maybe the Q people, do read Wen Forums once in a while, maybe to get some ideas? I know for a fact, Wen people do read our forum and, probably, do get something out of it.

I mean seriously - there are developed formulas already, even if their sales don't result in gazzilion of dollars for the Q bottom line, there is definately a market for these products. Why not bring them?

They don't have to order these products in huge quantities, they may put the rest on "Wait LIst", depending on products sell out, but please - do offer them!

They are already developed, successful products, that wenners buy. Why not bring them along with seasonal CCs?

Valued Contributor

I personally would love to see a big kit each season for the various scents featuring all of the styling products.

It's probably not going to happen anytime soon but hey, a girl can dream, especially because not everyone enjoys all of the styling products.

Maybe the 3pc sets available for all of the seasonals? (having a "choice of"?) That'd be nice!

Trusted Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I have no idea and wouldn't even begin to know how to guess. You might want to follow Chaz on Periscope and ask him. He live streams at least 5 times a day. 

LOL! sometimes more and sometimes less Smiley Wink

I dropped by the salon to pick up more CLV RTM and I ended periscoping for him twice Smiley Very Happy

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

@CaitlinH wrote:

I personally would love to see a big kit each season for the various scents featuring all of the styling products.

It's probably not going to happen anytime soon but hey, a girl can dream, especially because not everyone enjoys all of the styling products.

Maybe the 3pc sets available for all of the seasonals? (having a "choice of"?) That'd be nice!

While it's no longer offered, for a long while QVC sold a a 6-piece 6oz. Classics Cleansing Condtioners set for $66. This way you got to try each of the Classic CCs. I doubt this will happen, but for the holiday season I would love to see a 12-piece 6oz. Seasonals Cleansing Conditioners set offered so that I could try all of them (even though I've tried all except TFP, WWC and SHL)!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Chaz addressed it on Periscope a couple weeks back. He is in discussions with them on this. I have two versions of my upcoming WEN budget hoping it happens this Fall. They told him they would only start with Fall. He wanted to start right away with SHP because that was the first seasonal to have styling, but they would not. Maybe becuase of their fiscal year, who knows? But plans are already in the works so far as Chaz is concerned. I hope he gets them on board. We should know in 6 weeks or so if it will happen this Fall with FTP. It would save me about $200 this seasonal go-round. 

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

Well, this is exactly the point of my post, DoxieMomma.

I would like to have this discussion, to maybe hear other wenners, if they also interested in having seasonal ancilary products being AVAILABLE on the QVC for purchase in the season along with Cleansing Conditioners offered.

To me, it only makes sense, and I want to buy same scent, lets say oil or a mousse along with my favorite CC! Why not?

I know, Chaz sometimes has problem trying to convince QVC in the obvious.

Maybe, just maybe the Q people, do read Wen Forums once in a while, maybe to get some ideas? I know for a fact, Wen people do read our forum and, probably, do get something out of it.

I mean seriously - there are developed formulas already, even if their sales don't result in gazzilion of dollars for the Q bottom line, there is definately a market for these products. Why not bring them?

They don't have to order these products in huge quantities, they may put the rest on "Wait LIst", depending on products sell out, but please - do offer them!

They are already developed, successful products, that wenners buy. Why not bring them along with seasonal CCs?

sonechko, while I tend to doubt the QVC buyers read the forums, well you never know for sure. So I think your's is a great idea!!!

Even though I don't use the ancillary Seasonal products, a lot of Wenners do and would rather purchase them at QVC prices versus Chaz's prices.

Chaz really is a great advocate for us because he really listens to what we want an fights like heck to try to get the Q expand the Wen products available. 

I think QVC does listen but is just very conservative with their ordering. Below are some examples: 

* When the 32oz Seasonals were first offered a few years back they sold out inside of 24 hours (at that was it for that year). These days the 32oz Seasonals are available throughout the season. 

* Seasonals from previous years are now out of the vault. 

* Wen Cleansing Conditioner gallons now include: Kids, 613, Seasonals, BGT and hopefully MIF. 

* When the Seasonal SC and mousse were first offered (whith SHP) they sold out inside of an hour and that was that. Until recently the Seasonal SC and mousse used to sell out within a few days. In contrast, the SCLV SC and mousse are still available. 

* Last December's (5) 16oz bottle CC TSV was available in both the Classic scents and the Seasonal scents.

I think it takes QVC some time to catch up with the quantities of these new products to make available, but we have a much greater selection this at this time than ever before.

-- bebe Smiley Happy 

___

Key Wen links -- WEN (QVC Wen forum) -- Wen 101 -- Wen FAQ - the key Wen links -- Wen Abbreviations Glossary ---- Chaz streaming video on Periscope  -- Spoke to Chaz on periscope  ---- What Cleanser Did You Use Today? -What Wen products did you use up, or open this week? ---- I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!! -- Benefits of Oils -- Women of Color WEN Users ---- wendooters -- Wen groups on facebook  -- Wenner's fur babies -- Rescue pup got a Wen bath ---- Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 -- Wen Fall TSV probably September 5th  -- Wen OTOs  still available at great prices ---- July Chat (2015) -- 

___

Respected Contributor

I don't think it would happen but I would like to be able to purchase styling creme for seasonals prior to SHP.  I suppose it is possible that they will expand the selection of seasonal products since they aren't offering any new seasonals this year.  We should find out about this soon enough since it is only about 6 weeks until the fall seasonals will be available.  Either way, I definitely intend to stock up on FTP since I won't use any of the other fall seasonals.