WEN

Frequent Contributor

I would really appreciate any suggestions on which Wen to purchase. I have fine natural hair that has no body. I've tried so many products and don't want to waste money on more. 

Respected Contributor

I use Wen, but my hair is thick and coarse.  Wen tames it down and softens it.  I can't imagine using Wen if my hair were thin and had no body.  JMHO

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Valued Contributor

@blinksmom  I have very fine hair and use Sweet Almond Mint for my first cleanse and always one of the seasonals (Honey Lilac, Tuscan Pear or Honey Peach) for the second cleanse. The seasonals seem to be a little more moisturizing. I always use one of them for my leave-in conditioner. 

I use a root lifting product by Kenra and Wen mouse for styling. Wen works well for me. My hair looks better than ever.

Honored Contributor

@blinksmom 

Chaz always says that the classic Lavender is supposedly formulated for fine hair.  I have the same type as you, but I didn't find the Lavender to do anything differently than the other formulas.

I use Teas Tree for the first cleanse, and Vanilla Mint for the second (only because I love that scent!).  I do also use 1/3 of the amount I need for both cleanses of Fragrance Free, which is rice based.  I find the rice based formulas to be lighter and give my more volume than the soy or wheat based formulas.  

You may need some sort of styling product as well.  I can't help you with any of those, but I'm sure some of the other WEN ladies can.  Off the top of my head, I'd agree with trying the mousse.

Respected Contributor

@blinksmom  I have the same type of hair as you, fine, straight, and no body.  WEN has made a HUGE difference in how my hair behaves without actually changing it's main characteristics.  I use Tea Tree (wheat based)  as my first cleanse, and then one of my favorite seasonals (soy based) as a second cleanse.  I also like Bamboo Green Tea (rice based), it does seem to leave me with more body, but all the WEN formulas increase both strength and moisture in my hair, and those have led to more body.  My hair *used to* lay flat on my scalp, now it stands up about half an inch above my scalp at the center part.  Until I used WEN it NEVER, EVER did that! 

My suggestions for you would be to try Tea Tree and either 613 or 319, depending on how much fragrance you tolerate.  613 is still a very light lemon/rosemary/vanilla scent, and 319 has almost no fragrance at all, both of them are soy based.  They both provide lots of protein as well as moisture, and will help repair any damage your hair may have.  However, any of the soy-based seasonals will add some moisture and protein, so if one of those fragrances sounds irresistable to you, by all means try it.  Or if you really like herbal, botanical but not floral fragrance, you can try Bamboo Green Tree as your second cleanse, I agree the rice-based formulas do boost body slightly more then the other formulas.

The most important part of using WEN is in the actual use.  My hair is just below shoulder length, and I use 5 pumps out of a 32 ounce bottle of Tea Tree for a first cleanse, and 4 pumps of a seasonal for a second cleanse, then about half a pump of the same seasonal as a leave-in.  I use 2 pumps of styling creme to match the seasonal on days I know I will be using hot tools like a dryer or curling iron.  I add the leave-in products when my hair is saturated but not streaming/dripping wet, I do squeeze out alot of the water, but not all of it, as that is what lets me distribute the leave-in products evenly through my hair.   I then wrap my hair in an Aquis turban, and most of the time, once it comes out of the wrap, I let it air dry. 

My suggestion is that you should start by following Chaz's general directions, then modify the amounts you use or other parameters to see if you like the results better or not.  The main reasons people don't get good results with WEN are two-fold, either they don't use enough product at some point, or else they don't rinse well enough between cleanses.  Using too little cleansing conditioner for either the first or second cleanse leaves hair still dirty; not rinsing well enough leaves hair weighed down and lets product build up on the scalp.  Really use your fingertips to massage the scalp and run the fingers through your hair while under running water to get a good rinse-out.  Good luck, I hope you get the amazing results I have gotten from WEN products!

Respected Contributor

@blinksmom   I forgot to mention an integral part of my WEN routine, I'm sorry!  I use the Botanical Scalp Tonic every night, leaving it on for several hours as I go about my evening routine and workout.  I then shower and cleanse my hair before going to bed.  I am post-menopausal, and my hair was thinning out along my facial hairline and center part, as well as the crown at the back of my head.  After a year plus of tonic use, my hair has filled back in to it's pre-menopausal state, I suspect that is part of the reason it stands up from the roots now, too.  Since my maternal grandmother was essentially bald and wore wigs from her 50's onwards, I am very grateful to Chaz that I, in my late 60's, have a full head of beautiful, silky, shiny, soft hair!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! I'm going to order a few products tonight. Have a nice evening.