WEN

Regular Contributor

I agree with the others in saying...do not buy a gallon of something you do not love. I made the mistake of purchasing a gallon of BGT without first trying it! Yikes. I managed to use 2/3 of the gallon mixed with other formulas, and I gave the final 1/3 away. BGT made my color treated hair horribly dry. I did buy a gallon of SMC this past June because I know I love it; it works well for 3 seasons, and the scent is pretty nondescript to me. FAS is my all time favorite CC, but it looks like I will have to find another option for when the months get drier. Low humidity levels WRECK my hair, and FAS has been the only formula to provide enough moisture during the winter months. Since scent is such a personal thing, I would recommend you try several formulas before deciding on a gallon. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mamawsboys wrote:

Yes, I have used it(MIF) , but it was a while back and it was a small bottle.  I just can't remember what i thought about it. LOl! I have used WEN off & on for about 1 1/2 yrs.  I just recently seemed to have finally figured it out.  I still can only go 2 days before cleansing again.  I did think the 613 would be to moisturizing for me.  Thank you all for your advice. Smiley Happy

How long ago it actually was? I do not know what you mean by "Yes, I have used it(MIF) , but it was a while back",  because MIF is a newer formula and only became available from, I believe, March of this year. So it could not have been this long! Could it be you've used some other CC?

By any means, do refrain from buying a whole Gallon of a CC, if you are not sure about it's performance for your hair, and not sure you'd enjoy it's fragrance enough to use it for a long time.

There are many formulas in WEN to choose from! These Gallons will come again next year, and in June there will be more choices of gallons.

Meanwhile, you may scroll WEN product page looking for good deals in kits, duos, trios, and other multiple choice offeriings so you may try more from the product line.

There is a great deal for $44.46 available to try both MIF and BGT in a 16 oz Duo - A267689

a267689.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I also wanted to add @mamawsboys,  soon - in December WEN will be offering specials, and one them is the one for you - a multiple CC Kit 16 oz from the Core Line, and probably/hopefully another Kit from Seasonal Line.

There are I think about 5 CCs in each kit, and the price is very palatable! This is going to be a wonderful opportunity to get familiar with as many as 10 CCs between two kits, this is one very affordable purchase! 

This is your way to invest your money wisely, get to know many formulas a receive a quite large supply of CC to use for a while. Based on your experiences from these kits, and maybe some other small purchases you'll be making, next June or September you will be able to choose and buy yourself a Gallon (or five!).

Respected Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

I also wanted to add @mamawsboys,  soon - in December WEN will be offering specials, and one them is the one for you - a multiple CC Kit 16 oz from the Core Line, and probably/hopefully another Kit from Seasonal Line.

There are I think about 5 CCs in each kit, and the price is very palatable! This is going to be a wonderful opportunity to get familiar with as many as 10 CCs between two kits, this is one very affordable purchase! 

This is your way to invest your money wisely, get to know many formulas a receive a quite large supply of CC to use for a while. Based on your experiences from these kits, and maybe some other small purchases you'll be making, next June or September you will be able to choose and buy yourself a Gallon (or five!).

Sonechko makes a very good point about the upcoming December tsv.  It is a great way to try many different formulas at a great price.  I would imagine that this works out to be very comparable in price to the gallon price.  

Honored Contributor

@123lollo wrote:

I agree with the others in saying...do not buy a gallon of something you do not love. I made the mistake of purchasing a gallon of BGT without first trying it! Yikes. I managed to use 2/3 of the gallon mixed with other formulas, and I gave the final 1/3 away. BGT made my color treated hair horribly dry. I did buy a gallon of SMC this past June because I know I love it; it works well for 3 seasons, and the scent is pretty nondescript to me. FAS is my all time favorite CC, but it looks like I will have to find another option for when the months get drier. Low humidity levels WRECK my hair, and FAS has been the only formula to provide enough moisture during the winter months. Since scent is such a personal thing, I would recommend you try several formulas before deciding on a gallon. 

I only bought a 16-oz bottle of the Bamboo Green Tea and regretted it, so I'm so sorry that you wound up stuck with a gallon. I had to mix mine with Fig and Fall Tuscan Pear to get it to work for my dry hair. Both Winter Cranberry Mint and Winter White Citrus have also worked for my dry hair, so if you haven't tried those formulas, you may want to experiment with them to supplement your Fall Apple Spice.