WEN

Super Contributor

Re: What does Light Smell Like to You?

Bizarrely the Light EDP smells very reminiscent of 613 on me. There's some citrusy notes to start and then it really softens. I don't pick up a lot of eucalyptus, although I know it's a top note. I ended up buying the full size on the weekend because I liked the scent so much.

I haven't smelled the CC or new spray though. I imagine there's more of a menthol smell with the CC.

I've had a chance to try the actual 613 EDP since then and the BGT EDP and I prefer Light. 613 is nice, but it's so similar to the CC that I keep thinking I'm smelling my hair, not that that's a bad thing of course.

The BGT is also nice, very zen, actually too zen verging on boring Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze You were right! In the shower (I used it as my body wash) it was the eucalyptus that I smelled, not menthol. Whew!! I was hit with the eucalyptus first, lavendar, that grapefruit scent I pick up in the light finishing spray and then a beautiful blend of it all. I really like it. Hopefully my hair does too. If not, it will be a great smelling body wash so no waste there. 

Whats so ironic is when I initially smelled the sample that came with my gallon in June, I'm not gonna lie, thought it was terrible and tossed it. So, I took a gamble on ordering the Light Finishing spray when Chaz had a 20% off sale. The spray  sounded perfect for what I wanted, just wasn't sure what to expect for scent. When I rec'd it, I was immediately in love with the spray itself AND the scent. Go figure! I don't understand it. But, since then I knew I had to get the Light CC and I have the Light edt with Light NBT duo kit on its way to be delivered today. I want to give the Light edt a fair go again to see if it can redeem itself with me. I love the 319 NBT so I am hoping the Light NBT smells good. I know those who don't like the edt still like the Light NBT. Hoping these two pass my nose test this time around. 

Honored Contributor

I got a sample and all I remember smelling was lavender, but that's probably because I'm allergic to it and soon as I smell it, I have to use my inhaler.

Respected Contributor

Thank you all for your input. I tried it this morning and it was not strong at all. I smelled the eucalyptus first and then what must be lavender, but it smelled more like oregano in the shower. Lol.

It is okay, but not my favorite. I do like the spray and will buy that again. Yanga, I don't know if I am brave enough to buy a big NBT of this scent.
Respected Contributor

Alright, just wanted to update. Yesterday I said when I rec'd the Light edt sample with my gallon in June I tossed it right away thinking it smelled terrible. (And being a Chaz creation I was shocked at that to say the least.) 

When the Light Finishing Spray was 1st available on Chaz' website I had to try it as the description sounded as if it was exactly what I like/want in a hairspray (and bonus I had a 20% off code). Well, not only did I love the spray and how it performed (just as Chaz said) , but I loved the scent. What?!?! How could this be?!?! 

So, when Chaz was here last week Fri for his TSV, I knew I needed to try the Light CC. I ordered the TSV and the 32oz Light CC on AD right away too. I figured if the CC scent wasn't great or didn't agree with my hair, well at least it would still make a decent smelling body wash. I have used it the last couple days and love it, the scent, the consistency, the way it feels on my hair (moisturizing), and has given me nice wavy/curly hair. 

The Light edt/Light NBT duo were back up and on 6 easy pay the following day or so and I decided to take a chance and give the EDT another try after disliking and tossing the sample. 🙈 The duo came last night and I wore them today. {{Drumroll please....}} I am in ❤️!!! It's amazing, wonderful, complex, etc. So different than anything else I have ever smelled or worn. I could go on and on. I dont know what the deal was with the sample or if it was just the wrong time in my life for this scent. Lol!! But, I want everything Light now. Chaz, we need Light in a mousse, SC, RTM, oil, etc - please!!! I even took the NBT with me to work bc I always put lotion on my hands throughout the day and knew this way I could enjoy the NBT scent and wonderful moisturization all day. In addt'n, I sprayed the edt on me about 7am and at almost 4pm here I can still smell it, so good staying power on me. 

Just wanted to share how ironic in that I went from thinking the Light was terrible to now I am in love with this scent. So glad I gave it another try. Thank you Chaz!!!

Super Contributor

I primarily smell the eucaliptus and the amber, which becomes very strong on me.  I did not like the EDP at all and returned it.

The scent of the new hairspray doesn't linger (or mix with my body chemistry) so it's okay.

Since I bought the TSV - mostly for the hairspray - I find the CC works okay, and the scent doesn't linger.  Also, I have been mixing it with the Peony & Lavendar, so that helps a lot.

Michele

Esteemed Contributor

AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I dont know what the deal was with the sample or if it was just the wrong time in my life for this scent. Lol!! But, I want everything Light now.

Hi @AmericanBulldogMom.  I just wanted to add that I've learned that lesson too.

Not with Light, but with a couple of other Wen scents I didn't like at first.

Trying them again 3-6 months later, I will find I absolutely adore a fragrance that I initially thought,  "Phew!"

I'm getting close to finishing one I thought was a 'stinker' just last summer. Now, 7 months later, I'm thinking about ordering another bottle. 

For those of you who are keeping a Wen CC but not crazy about the fragrance, it may smell completely different to you in another season. It happens.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I dont know what the deal was with the sample or if it was just the wrong time in my life for this scent. Lol!! But, I want everything Light now.

Hi @AmericanBulldogMom.  I just wanted to add that I've learned that lesson too.

Not with Light, but with a couple of other Wen scents I didn't like at first.

Trying them again 3-6 months later, I will find I absolutely adore a fragrance that I initially thought,  "Phew!"

I'm getting close to finishing one I thought was a 'stinker' just last summer. Now, 7 months later, I'm thinking about ordering another bottle. 

For those of you who are keeping a Wen CC but not crazy about the fragrance, it may smell completely different to you in another season. It happens.

@x Hedge Thanks for telling your experience. Glad to hear I am not alone in this. I really was scratching my head on how I could have such different reactions to the the same scent. 

Super Contributor

Ok don't stone me guys, but to me Light smells like some kind of cologne teen boys wear...like Abercrombie or something. It's not offensive, but it's not floral or too girly. I knew it was gender neutral and that's cool. I feel like there's a dude around when I smell my hair lol..it's not a bad thing.haha 

beyond the smell thou...not to go off track,,,i love how the the prods work! The cc is my new fave--tied with 613. And the spray is bomb! It's like so beyond anything ever...I thought 613 worked good as a hair spritz, but this is even better. I can get major volume and shine even when the sky is dumping snow, rain, hail, sharks...whatever...on my head.haha 

Respected Contributor

Chickenmoo, what a cute name!  When Chaz first made the Light EDP, I didn't really cotton to it but then he came out with the Light NBT and I LOVED IT!  The smell seems to be different.  I do love ALL Chaz's NBTs though, the results are like nothing I've ever used, ever.  The PJP NBT, wooooooo  hoo!  Now, if he would do Wen Men NBT, that one I would over night Fed Ex.  Now, of course my husband would kill me but the devil take the consequences!  mua ha ha ha!!!!   LOL!!!! Smiley Happy