WEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen - Seasonals speculation ;)

@Diva1Donna wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Diva1Donna wrote:

FAS is the only seasonal I have yet to experience. I picked up the WCM 16oz set of 3 with comb this past December and let my son use up 2 bottles since I was underwhelmed by the scent. I have 1 unopened bottle left. I should have let that one be, but my curiosity got the better of me and the hype of potential retirement made me indulge.

I wonder how I may feel about FAS since I am embracing my curls more and doing fewer blowouts. Is this the one that got away? Would I be underwhelmed or even turned off by FAS? I guess I may never know if it doesn't return to Q. I don't see myself investing in more CC at higher prices from the salon site, when my stash is more than healthy with everything else.

@Diva1Donna I (foolishly) thought that I could tolerate pretty much any scent as long as it did amazing things for my hair but oh my gosh I just could not stand the looooong lingering scent of FAS. It stayed on everything- towels, hair, bathroom...seriously my husband actually sheepishly asked me to stop using it (he never does that with anything I've used) because he couldn't stand the scent lingering on our towels, etc. It smells like that cheap caramel popcorn scent you sometimes smell in malls, lol. Ugh. Anyway, I happily obliged because I was at my wits end with the scent too. I tried to disguise it with other WEN scents but it overpowered every scent I tried.

I'm sorry, I know some really love it and can tolerate the scent but it was probably the only scented hair product I literally could not use due to the scent alone. One poster even said her officemate complains of the scent at work every time she uses it! That is how strong and lingering it really is. We are not exaggerating, lol!

@HappyDaze It is reviews like yours that made me afraid to try it in the first place! Lol 😂 I went to a late lunch with coworkers and see I missed the post that got poofed. 

@Diva1Donna it is too bad that someone couldn't send you a sample of it to try before you invest. If I had some left I'd certainly send it to you asap, lol.  I didn't see it either.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Diva1Donna wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Diva1Donna wrote:

FAS is the only seasonal I have yet to experience. I picked up the WCM 16oz set of 3 with comb this past December and let my son use up 2 bottles since I was underwhelmed by the scent. I have 1 unopened bottle left. I should have let that one be, but my curiosity got the better of me and the hype of potential retirement made me indulge.

I wonder how I may feel about FAS since I am embracing my curls more and doing fewer blowouts. Is this the one that got away? Would I be underwhelmed or even turned off by FAS? I guess I may never know if it doesn't return to Q. I don't see myself investing in more CC at higher prices from the salon site, when my stash is more than healthy with everything else.

@Diva1Donna I (foolishly) thought that I could tolerate pretty much any scent as long as it did amazing things for my hair but oh my gosh I just could not stand the looooong lingering scent of FAS. It stayed on everything- towels, hair, bathroom...seriously my husband actually sheepishly asked me to stop using it (he never does that with anything I've used) because he couldn't stand the scent lingering on our towels, etc. It smells like that cheap caramel popcorn scent you sometimes smell in malls, lol. Ugh. Anyway, I happily obliged because I was at my wits end with the scent too. I tried to disguise it with other WEN scents but it overpowered every scent I tried.

I'm sorry, I know some really love it and can tolerate the scent but it was probably the only scented hair product I literally could not use due to the scent alone. One poster even said her officemate complains of the scent at work every time she uses it! That is how strong and lingering it really is. We are not exaggerating, lol!

@HappyDaze It is reviews like yours that made me afraid to try it in the first place! Lol 😂 I went to a late lunch with coworkers and see I missed the post that got poofed. 

@Diva1Donna it is too bad that someone couldn't send you a sample of it to try before you invest. If I had some left I'd certainly send it to you asap, lol.  I didn't see it either.

@HappyDaze Thanks for the thought anyway. From your description it sounds like I would need a hazmat suit and a gas mask in order to use it. Lol

Valued Contributor

@Diva1Donna wrote:

FAS is the only seasonal I have yet to experience. .

@Diva1Donna I feel, the trick with FAS, is to embrace the scent. It's STRONG and it lingers in your hair. I didn't like it at first, now I love it. At first, it was overwhelming a maple scent not much apple. Now I smell the apples, spices and maple. I have slightly wavy hair, not curly, and it is the best performance for me. Shine, control, moisture. If you are interested in a 16 oz bottle, let me know. 

**Suz**
Valued Contributor

@Suz585 wrote:

@Diva1Donna wrote:

FAS is the only seasonal I have yet to experience. .

@Diva1Donna I feel, the trick with FAS, is to embrace the scent. It's STRONG and it lingers in your hair. I didn't like it at first, now I love it. At first, it was overwhelming a maple scent not much apple. Now I smell the apples, spices and maple. I have slightly wavy hair, not curly, and it is the best performance for me. Shine, control, moisture. If you are interested in a 16 oz bottle, let me know. 

@Suz585 thanks! That is definitely something to consider. I'll be in touch. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Diva1Donna wrote:

I had the exact same experience with FAS. I didn't care for the scent at all and it just lingered everywhere. It took me days to get the scent ouf of my hair.

I would have been so embarrassed if I had used FAS and gone to work. Everyone I'd pass in the hallway would probably pass out for the rest of the day. We no longer have cubicles so it's an open work environment and my desk neighbors would probably have suffered too.

Respected Contributor

@Diva1Donna wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Diva1Donna wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Diva1Donna wrote:

@HappyDaze Thanks for the thought anyway. From your description it sounds like I would need a hazmat suit and a gas mask in order to use it. Lol

@Diva1Donna That's a pretty accurate description! Cat Tongue

New Contributor

I  am wondering the same thing...I'm confused- they're still selling the spring scents though it's almost summer. I want a gallon of the CLV- I use it in summer & the white pumpkin in winter. He offers a new skin cream & replenishing mist in CLV, but no 32 or 16 oz stand alone cleansing conditioners & I'm running out. Will the summer scents be offered soon? What the heck?

Trusted Contributor

@Susan818, the summer seasonals officially start June 1st. This is basically an early glimpse with the ODOs and specials to kick off Chaz's visit. The regular 16 & 32 oz Summer seasonals should change out on the 1st. 

#IAmTeamWen