WEN

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen - OTO - BGT or MIF: 32oz CC, plus SC & mousse - $69.44

I did not try 613 mousse Mimi. I want to. I've read, I think Bebe, was saying it was the best, but I do not know.

Still waiting for the opportunity to try it.  Also, I have few mousses BGT, MIF, WWC, Lilac. They are huge! It will take time to go through them all.

Contributor

Ok...I have to fess up. I bought both, the BGT just shipped and the mif is on wait list. I've never tried either, just read lots of reviews...so I really did not know which one to pick! Ugg. I need to not have any more wen shows on qvc! Smiley Sad
Everybody is different, but who of you have used both and what are your thoughts? My hair is short, wavy with body, medium texture, kinda thick.
Ps. I'll still watch the show tonight, but I am curbing any more spending! :/
Respected Contributor

@Handbell Clunk wrote:
Ok...I have to fess up. I bought both, the BGT just shipped and the mif is on wait list. I've never tried either, just read lots of reviews...so I really did not know which one to pick! Ugg. I need to not have any more wen shows on qvc! Smiley Sad
Everybody is different, but who of you have used both and what are your thoughts? My hair is short, wavy with body, medium texture, kinda thick.
Ps. I'll still watch the show tonight, but I am curbing any more spending! :/

To me, MIF is more moisturizing. BGT tends to be a little more drying on my hair but I love the scent! I tried mixing the two the other day and got great results.

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

I did not try 613 mousse Mimi. I want to. I've read, I think Bebe, was saying it was the best, but I do not know.

Still waiting for the opportunity to try it.  Also, I have few mousses BGT, MIF, WWC, Lilac. They are huge! It will take time to go through them all.

Hi sonechko, I just want to clarify what I've said about the 613 mousse... which I love!!!

The reason I stick with the 613 mousse is because: 

* it has the amino acid complex in it and my thin/fine hair needs all the help it can get. My leave in is always all 613 because the 613 products have the greatest percentage of amino acids in them. -- I'll take all the amino acid help I can get.

2) when it first came out the 613 mousse was the only mousse to have the brand new french glossing complex in it. I find that the glossing complex adds extra shine to my hair.

I know that the LAV & POM mousses don't have the glossing complex and I'm fairly certain that the Seasonal mousses don't have the glossing complex either. -- From something Chaz said a while back, I'm not sure if the BGT mousse has the glossing complex. I think that it may. 

I'm actually very curious to try the BGT mousse, but I'm well stocked with 613 mousse for the moment. -- For my thin/fine hair I've found that BGT CC is even more strengthening than 613 CC in certain ways. I use the BGT CC as a first cleanse most of the time now. I usually only use 613 CC if I haven't kept up with my remoist or oil treatments and  so my hair needs a quick fix. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Hi sonechko, I just want to clarify what I've said about the 613 mousse... which I love!!!

The reason I stick with the 613 mousse is because: 

* it has the amino acid complex in it and my thin/fine hair needs all the help it can get. My leave in is always all 613 because the 613 products have the greatest percentage of amino acids in them. -- I'll take all the amino acid help I can get.

2) when it first came out the 613 mousse was the only mousse to have the brand new french glossing complex in it. I find that the glossing complex adds extra shine to my hair.

I know that the LAV & POM mousses don't have the glossing complex and I'm fairly certain that the Seasonal mousses don't have the glossing complex either. -- From something Chaz said a while back, I'm not sure if the BGT mousse has the glossing complex. I think that it may. 

I'm actually very curious to try the BGT mousse, but I'm well stocked with 613 mousse for the moment. -- For my thin/fine hair I've found that BGT CC is even more strengthening than 613 CC in certain ways. I use the BGT CC as a first cleanse most of the time now. I usually only use 613 CC if I haven't kept up with my remoist or oil treatments and  so my hair needs a quick fix. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Thank you, Bebe. That's very helpful. I have very fine, thin hair, so your comments are interesting. I have been using Tea Tree and Lavender as my CC's, so incorporating your routine sounds like something I would like to try for added strength.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you Bebe for this detailed review! I already wanted to get my hands on 613 mousse, even after I've read your comment on it before.

I also have fine thin hair, that gotten so bad and out of shape, I wanted to shave it off.  My hair need all the help it could get. But it is so much better, stronger and longer now. I mean longer! It grows fast now and I DO NOT HAVE TO CUT IT in order to have it looking half way decent! It actually now looks better as it grows longer.

I can't believe it! I used to HAVE TO CUT my Hair before Wen short, it could not take longer length.

I attribute this change to Wen, of course. I am using Wen only since November of last year. I use EVERYTHING I get my hands on, rotating it all because I am such a newbie and there is so much Wen.

But I am learning from you, and narrowing it down to what I really need to use most for my hair because I, for the first time in my life seeing - my hair is capable of change and improvement with Wen care.

I remember during of June's visits, Chaz showed Cooper's and a young model's hair from the back. I could not believe how FANTASTIC Cooper's hair looked.... much better even better, than young model's, and Chaz said it was not like that at all, when he met Cooper....

I am seeing my own hair slowly, but surely changing. All I can say - I love Wen! and I am greatfull for this board where there is so much support and help. Heart

Respected Contributor

Hi sonechko! I know what you mean about trying everything, but I am narrowing down some favs. & some I know I can live without. I share your love of CLV.

My hair wasn't damaged when I started using, I had a little itchy, flaky scalp at worst. WEN got rid of that right away and my hair felt so much better. And no more bed head, it brushes right out in the morning so I can wash my hair in the evening. That's important when I get up at 5 AM for yard sales, I can sleep 20 more minutes lol.