WEN

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen Newbie!

[ Edited ]

matrix  cleansing conditioners are about $20 cheaper for the 32oz and you only need a fraction of the amount. I like them alot.  I use the avacado formula but they have mango, acei berry, pom,  and a citrius 

Respected Contributor

@77yangya wrote:

If you're happy with your hair, you don't need Wen.  If shampoo and hair dye have made your hair like mine was, dull drab, lifeless, chewed to pieces, then you need Wen and watch the transformation.  Simple as that!

What is a miricle worker for you may not be for others . Everyone is different.   I find my hair look  and condition with wen is no different than any other cleansing conditioner  or shampoo. Dont assume its a miricle for all.  I had a massivve allergic reaction to tea tree. i turned red as a lobster  bit pomagranate  worked  good.  Everyone is different.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wen Newbie!

[ Edited ]

@kcladyz wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

If you're happy with your hair, you don't need Wen.  If shampoo and hair dye have made your hair like mine was, dull drab, lifeless, chewed to pieces, then you need Wen and watch the transformation.  Simple as that!

What is a miricle worker for you may not be for others . Everyone is different.   I find my hair look  and condition with wen is no different than any other cleansing conditioner  or shampoo. Dont assume its a miricle for all.  I had a massivve allergic reaction to tea tree. i turned red as a lobster  bit pomagranate  worked  good.  Everyone is different.  

@kcladyz   So why are you on the Wen forum?   To spread some more holiday cheer?  Adios!

Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

matrix  cleansing conditioners are about $20 cheaper for the 32oz and you only need a fraction of the amount. I like them alot.  I use the avacado formula but they have mango, acei berry, pom,  and a citrius 

@kcladyz

I know you have a real interest in WEN, you’re always so helpful here on the WEN forum, but no need to repeat messages.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

@77yangya wrote:

@kcladyz  

@77yangya acknowledged that not everyone needed WEN right in her first sentence.

Yes, we surely are all different.

I love my long, healthy, shiny WEN hair, the best it’s been in my life.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Leothelion - I'm later than most seeing this but I wanted to share my experience.

I've been using Wen for just over three years (started at Thanksgiving). The BEST thing I did was to call the number on the bottle and talk to customer service. I described my hair, and the wonderful CS rep put together a routine that I still use.

I wasn't using enough. If you want beautiful hair, you have to use what it takes. My hair is normal, but color treated. Right now it's shoulder length. People always told me I had "Meg Ryan" hair (in Top Gun). I used to, but not any longer! My hair is naturally wavy/curly. I let it dry naturally and don't use any heat on it. I use CC, styling cream, mousse, oil, and replenishing mist. My favorites are the seasonals. When I am hugging someone they always tell me my hair smells great. 

I have gone to cleansing my hair (with shampoo) every other day - or every day if I was swimming, to cleansing (with Wen) twice a week. If I'm swimming I'll do one cleanse to get the chlorine out. Otherwise I use two cleanses. 

As I said, I strongly recommend you call their CS number and get someone to talk you through a routine. I don't think you'll regret it. Good luck! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I've tried a few different types of cleansing conditioners and have noticed some differences:

• some contain mild sudsing ingredients - e.g. at least some of Matrix Biolage products which is likely why not as much is needed;
  • some like Loreal's or Pantene's contain the same ingredient used in dandruff shampoos, Pyrithione zinc; and
  • some are made quite similar to Wen but from what I've seen they often also recommend using a generous amount.

I use Wen from head to toe, so I don't buy shower gel anymore. I also use the dregs of bottles to wash my hands, as hand/body lotion, all sorts.

On top of that, not everyone uses the same amount. All depends on your hair. And despite my frustrations with QVC, you get some lovely deals on here, so that helps.

Finally, Wen doesn't test on animals, doesn't contain animal by-products, and is made in the US, all things I think are a plus.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree @Bhvbum. I came on the forum to see if anyone else has noticed a shift with Wen. I have used it for years- before it was even at QVC and my hair looked amazing. For the past year- maybe two, I've noticed it's not as great. I'm not sure if it's the same formula or the same quality of ingredients but it's not the same. My sister just stopped using it as well for similar reasons. I am going to shop around for other cc.

Trusted Contributor
One can only assume there were other variables at play that changed your experience -and not because any of the quality of ingredients in WEN formulas had changed- because indeed they have not.