WEN

Respected Contributor

Has anyone ever successfully "sized down"?

So I have discovered that I do really need to avoid any WEN CC formulas that have much of the honey complex in them, and that includes WRC, BGT and PJP as well as SHP, my scalp will start to itch a bit the next day after I use any of them, no matter how lovely they make my hair.  My good/safe seasonals are FGP, WVM and  SOB, and I like TT and Fig in the classic line.  However, those seasonals are on the chopping block, and if Chaz never brings them back, I'll be down to just two formulas I really like!  My shower won't be depopulated any time soon, since I have two WVM gallons, and one each in FGP and SOB, but if I really do get down to just TT and Fig left, I will downsize without any choice in the matter.  Do any of you all just have two or three formulas that you stick with, by choice?

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone ever successfully "sized down"?

Hi, @CamilleP I always have Tea Tree and Fig on hand.  I've tried the other classics but these are the best for me.  Seasonals and restoratives are great in moderation.  I can't use them exclusively or my hair, after a few washes,  gets dull and heavy so I have to switch back and forth.  If I only had TT and FIG I'd still be happy but I Like FTP as a seasonal and occasinally BGT when I want an especially sleek, well behaved hair day.  The nice thing is there will be New scents coming to try!

Respected Contributor

Hi, CamilleP!

I use the seasonals that are out and Wen Men.  I mean, if it were feasible right now, I'd have alot more in my stash.  I don't seam to have issues with any certain ones I use.  I know some do.  I think it's okay to stay with whatever works for you.  Like the other poster said, there are new ones coming out in their particular season and they may be REALLY BOSS!  LOL!

Super Contributor

I'm in the process of doing this now. For seasonals I can do WVM, FGP, FAS and SMC. I have those on hand now. So no more seasonals for me. From the core line TT and Fig are my go tos. Whenever I used the seasonals I have on hand up, I'll probably just stick with TT and Fig honestly. I'm also trying to decided on the styling products. The RTM is a product I used everyday. I like th oils but they are pricey to get outside of a TSV or a special priced kit. Everything else I could do without unless it comes in TSV. I've even gotten picker with which TSVs I pick up.

Honored Contributor

I’m going to be doing this too when I run out of my WVM hoard.  (Unless we can beg Chaz enough to keep it!)  Tea Tree works best for my hair, I use 613 mostly as a conditioner, and I like the rice formula Fragrance Free.  But the FF comes only in the 32oz size, which makes it very pricey for me to use on a consistent basis.  So, that means I’ll be down to TT and 613.

I’m going to try to stick with just those two, with an occasional FF thrown in.   I use some other products on both hair and body that I will also continue.  Other than that, I’m going to try and cool it with the new buying for a while.  But then, I have a huge stash right now, so it will be a while before I’m in that position!

Esteemed Contributor

I try to change it up.  Right now I have a gallon of Vanilla mint in the shower. I am really liking that.  I think my favorite might be the pomagranate though.   I use one of these and then do the 2nd time with the light replenishing formula, I absolutely love that stuff.!    I find my hair looks so much better when I use that.  Also just a dab of styling creme (I have short hair) and some mousse........good to go!!!   Been a Wen girl for 7 years.

Respected Contributor

Well, Candys Mine, the "try the new ones" is how I've found out I can't use the newest seasonals, since Chaz is using the honey complex in all of them.  I never even bothered to try most of this last round of new seasonals, except for the 16 ounce bottles that came in last year's TSV combo that came with a 32 ounce classic, SC and remoist.  I tried  SHL and FVWP and did not like either of them at all on my hair, liked WRC and even bought extra of it, but the more I used it, the worse it bothered my scalp.  Now that I'm positive that it's the honey complex that started being a staple ingredient with SHP a couple of years ago, I won't be buying any new seasonals or the Restoratives that contain it.  I might love a fragrance or hair performance, but if it bothers my scalp, it's not worth it in the end.  I'm going to be very sad to turn down what will undoubtedly be lovely new formulas Chaz will create.  I had plenty of variety as long as those old seasonal formulas were available, but they are going away, and I'm afraid they won't be back, since the honey complex seems so very popular.  Chaz might even reformulate them to add honey, ruining them for my use.  I have to hope he won't reformulate the classics, so I have a couple I can keep using!

Honored Contributor

@CamilleP

I can (if forced to) get by with TT / FIG or Italian Fig mixed with BGT & a bit 613 thrown once a month.

My hair looks absolutely as good, but I LOVE 💕WVM AND SHP!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

I find I'm gravitating to having more 319 than anything else and then buying a few peripheral seasonals just to check out the scents, but I didn't pick up gallon of anything this year for myself. I also usually have a bottle of 613, but I use that more as a leave in.

Esteemed Contributor

@ CamilleP,
I've bought & used 4 of the classics, both Ultras, the first 3 Restoratives, and 10 of the 16 Seasonals.
I've decided what I will and won't re-purchase, and I'm working toward my goal of just 4 Seasonal CCs plus 319cc ( plus assorted ancillary products).

Only Classic cc still in use is TT, for itchy scalp only, and I suspect I now could eliminate that and just prep with TToil instead.
I've bought more 319, but I'm down to just 16oz of 613, then that's done. No re-buy of 613cc.
My hair IS repaired & restored (thank you Chaz), so no longer need Restoratives. Using them up as handwash, sugar scrubs, foot soaks, and an occasional 1st cleanse.
I don't care for any older Seasonal formulas at all. No longer have or want any launched earlier than SHL.
In fact I'm currently eliminating Spring entirely, and will keep buying only STP, SCLV, FVWP, WRC Seasonals.

No matter how great the deal is, I'm really trying not to buy as far ahead as I've done in the past. I'm still using up BGT bottled and opened in 2014 (and it's still fresh) but I'm now restricting myself to new orders that I'm going to need to open within 15 months of purchase. I've finally gotten past the compulsion to buy more CC just to see what the new formula smells like. Too many regrets. I wouldn't do that with any other brand or type of hygiene/beauty.