WEN

Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

Is there anyone on here who has had either sensitivities/allergies/reactions/increased hair fall out from the core and seasonal CC's that can successfully use the Wen Kids formulas on their scalp due to them having fewer ingredients and no menthol? Seems like a possible option to still being able to use Wen. Thanks in advance. 

@AmericanBulldogMom   Yes I use it on my scalp area & have good results..

i still use the seasonals on rest of my head, even adding 1/2 & 1/2 (seasonal &. WK's)

works better.. sometimes I even just use water on my scalp, (rinse super good & seasonal on ends) my scalp is very dry & shampoo kills it, so I have just come up with a combo that seems to work.. I have 0 oil anywhere, not even as teenager, so the less I put on my scalp the better..we have a good shower filter that helps also..

Wen kids is much gentler but not good moisture for ends..I have my system down pretty good now!.. hope this helps Smiley Happy

@quadmimi Yes, it was very helpful. Thank you so much. ☺️

@quadmimi Edited to add....do you have any preference on the the 3 formulas, like which is most moisturizing, etc or is their performance the same and just the scents different? Thanks for your help. 

@AmericanBulldogMom  I like the Strawberry/banana, (the scent , is the least popular I think) but I just like it...The Watermelon is very popular for scent it seems..

They all perform about the same....but beware, many many hair products have menthol nowdays, if you think that is what is bothering you...alot of times it is one of the extracts or citrus oils, not always the menthol.

.That is why I have worked out what seems to be good for me...Shampoo (any shampoo) bothers my scalp even worse, so like I said, that is why I use as little product as I can on it..I guess if I had oily scalp, or product buildup that might be harder..I use a very cool rinse, (not the whole shower though of course)..really watch your water also, we lived for a year where we had very bad water, I did not have a shower filter and didn't realize how bad the water was..

Good luck, it may take a bit, I am sure you can still use Wen, you just might need to use it differently....Smiley Happy

@quadmimi Thank you again! I will give the SB a try. It seems I tend to like the least favorite scents (FAS 🤣) so if SB is the least liked scent I will probably love it. Lol! Thanks  for the heads up on the extracts or citrus oils too. I will watch for that. I wonder now if I need to look at the overnight oils I am doing 5 nights/wk. Hmmmm....🤔

@AmericanBulldogMom  yes maybe oils...I love the oils, but can't use many on my scalp, (FTP) ended up to not bother me..but I use the oils everywhere else I can!!..

Good luck with SB, my Hub hates the scent but says he is used to it drifting into the bedroom now...LOL

Honored Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HappyDaze  I was probably the one that caused the confusion. I just meant that both the foam and the restore have to be applied to dry hair. What you described makes perfect sense. Cat Happy

So far I've only tried the regular Beekman soap bars. The unscented and apricot & honey are my favorites. Heart I may have to try the shampoo bar. It can't be worse than the time I tried a Lush shampoo bar for oily scalp. Wow. It's the only time I've ever had an allergic reaction to a hair product. I felt like my scalp was on fire! I have no idea what caused it but the minute I stopped using it my scalp was fine. I guess I should have sued instead! :cattongue: But yeah, using a shampoo bar definitely takes some getting used to.

AHAHAHAHAHA! I know, right? Sheesh! Ouchie though, I've  had similar reactions to some shampoos/conditioners before. Not fun!

Right now, there are only three scents in the Beekman shampoo bars and I would highly recommend the Honey orange blossom one. Very nice ingredients and very creamy. And, of course, my favorite ingredient in it- honey!! lol I am hoping they come out with a ylang ylang and tuberose scented bar. I'd be all over that like white on rice! I love that scent soooo much! My husband isn't going for the shampoo bar though- he is fully committed to WEN, lol. He didn't even give it a chance though- tried it only once I think, lol. 

I could always cut a piece off one of my unused bars if you just want to try it before investing in it, although they aren't too expensive really (fortunately!).  Just let me know!

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom  yes maybe oils...I love the oils, but can't use many on my scalp, (FTP) ended up to not bother me..but I use the oils everywhere else I can!!..

Good luck with SB, my Hub hates the scent but says he is used to it drifting into the bedroom now...LOL

lol that is cute @quadmimi!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Kids question....

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze I think I will order a tub for him to try -just as a conditioner to start - shampoo he's not as picky about (Pureology or Alterna mostly). It's the Ojon conditioner he really misses. I'm sure if I tell him it was the Ojon creator who made this Tweak-d conditioner he'd be willing to give it a try. Thank you. Your time and help is much appreciated. 

I think that is a wise idea @AmericanBulldogMom and you are welcome! I hope he does love it. Yeah, the Ojon guy and his wife divoced- she got the company, lol, and then sold it and it went downhill after that. So now he has a new wife and a new haircare line, lol! Anyway, I used to love his Ojon line too and was sad when it changed. I've been really happy with this new line of his and do think it is reminiscent of the ol' Ojon days. Good luck and hopefully he will love it! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

lol that is cute @quadmimi!

It's the only Wen scent  "he passes up" on the shelf!...Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimiThe strawberry banana scent was my least favorite out of the Wen Kids scents but there could be worse scents in the bedroom than that. Cat Tongue

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HSB1204 wrote:

@HappyDaze  I was probably the one that caused the confusion. I just meant that both the foam and the restore have to be applied to dry hair. What you described makes perfect sense. Cat Happy

So far I've only tried the regular Beekman soap bars. The unscented and apricot & honey are my favorites. Heart I may have to try the shampoo bar. It can't be worse than the time I tried a Lush shampoo bar for oily scalp. Wow. It's the only time I've ever had an allergic reaction to a hair product. I felt like my scalp was on fire! I have no idea what caused it but the minute I stopped using it my scalp was fine. I guess I should have sued instead! :cattongue: But yeah, using a shampoo bar definitely takes some getting used to.

AHAHAHAHAHA! I know, right? Sheesh! Ouchie though, I've  had similar reactions to some shampoos/conditioners before. Not fun!

Right now, there are only three scents in the Beekman shampoo bars and I would highly recommend the Honey orange blossom one. Very nice ingredients and very creamy. And, of course, my favorite ingredient in it- honey!! lol I am hoping they come out with a ylang ylang and tuberose scented bar. I'd be all over that like white on rice! I love that scent soooo much! My husband isn't going for the shampoo bar though- he is fully committed to WEN, lol. He didn't even give it a chance though- tried it only once I think, lol. 

I could always cut a piece off one of my unused bars if you just want to try it before investing in it, although they aren't too expensive really (fortunately!).  Just let me know!

@HappyDaze  Yeah, I had no idea I could even have reactions like that on my scalp but something in that bar definitely didn't agree with me.

The Honey Orange Blossom shampoo bar probably sounds the most appealing. I'm not a grapefruit fan and I'm not exactly sure what a charcoal bar would smell like. Cat Tongue If they made the shampoo bar in apricot and honey I'd be all over it! At least you have the bar to yourself if your husband doesn't want to use it. My husband likes the regular soap bars but that's about as adventurous as he'll be. Cat Wink

Thank you for the offer. That's so sweet of you! I don't want to steal your shampoo bar, though. I'll keep an eye out for them the next time they're back on Evine. Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

@HSB1204 wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimiThe strawberry banana scent was my least favorite out of the Wen Kids scents but there could be worse scents in the bedroom than that. Cat Tongue

@HSB1204  LOL, that is true....!