WEN

Honored Contributor

@quadmimi...Yes, that's a new pic. My hair style hasn't really changed;it's just a bit shorter for summer.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@SurferWife  Is that a new pic of you?  Your curls look amazing, I always want your hair..Smiley Happy  (mine only is curly on the ends, I want the top curly also..Smiley Happy

@quadmimi, assuming you have natural curl and/or wave;

If the weight of your wet hair pulls the curl/wave out of the first several inches before it drys, leaving you with curl only on the bottom half, try "plopping" your hair.

Drying curly/wavy hair upside down still loses curl/wave to gravity. But Plopping negates the gravity issue and adds lift at the crown and the curls/waves appear along the full length of the hair.

@HSB1204 mentioned plopping in another thread and I Googled it and watched 2 how-to videos.

Surprised to find out I've been doing a modified plop for a long time and didn't know it. Coincidently, WEN is perfect for plopping since the leave-in, SC, mousse, and plopping itself ALL work toward reducing development of frizz.

@x Hedge  Oh thank you, I will try that sounds like a great idea...I always can use help getting lift on the top..I have a crazy part (thanks Mom) & covering it up is always been a challenge..lol

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with @x Hedge...Plopping works wonder for curly hair...even short curly hair!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@quadmimi...Yes, that's a new pic. My hair style hasn't really changed;it's just a bit shorter for summer.

@SurferWife  Well it looks great, I am going to try the plopping thing!..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Thanks @quadmimi...You tube has some great Plopping videos. A simple search of "hair Plopping" will give you a lot of videos.

Esteemed Contributor

You look great in your new picture @SurferWife.

Is that a plopped 'reversal' ?

Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Thanks @quadmimi...You tube has some great Plopping videos. A simple search of "hair Plopping" will give you a lot of videos.

Great @SurferWife  I am off to look them up...Smiley Happy  thanks

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge. Yes, it is. I used to plop by wrapping my hair in a t-shirt to make a turban, but earlier this year I FINALLY found a drying tee that's a turbie (Evolve Natural Hair Drying Tee), so it's easier to put on. I found it at Walmart. After applying my mousse, SC, & leave-in (I use remoist instead of CC), I wrap my hair, then apply my make-up. I take my hair out of turbie, apply my finishing Treatment cream/styling gloss and squeeze into my curls, shake my head to let them fall, then let them dry on their own. I don't use a dryer most days, but sometimes I'll diffuse it. It generally dries quick enough on it's own.

New Contributor

I add pure essential oil to my shampoo all the time; Tea tree for scalp health, rosemary for growth and lavender for shine/softness. EOs can also be used undiluted straight on the scalp - I do this before a workout so the heat from my head "cooks" the oil for added benefit then I shampoo after my workout as usual. Hope that helps!   Smiley Happy

Walk softly and carry a lipstick.