WEN

Respected Contributor

I see a post from another WENner who increased their dose of SC with good results, and here I am to report on another experiment of my own.  I had planned a very quiet day today, and only put some SOB CC in as a leave-in last night after my shower, before going to bed and letting my hair air dry.  Well, DH went out and did some serious outdoor labor with the industrial weed-whacker on our hillside pastures, and wanted to reward himself with a nice dinner, so off we went to the nearest city with an Olive Garden (his fave).  I had no SC in my dry hair, so I didn't want to heat style.  Instead I sprayed my hair lightly with 319 TS (already had a perfumed lotion on), just until it was a little damp, and rolled it up in "velcro" rollers.  It took about 45 minutes to get to our destination, and we had the car fan on high most of the way.   Before going into the restaurant I took the rollers out and finger-combed.  My hair turned out great, lots of soft curls that held and looked very natural.  This newest styling product is turning out to be very versatile and very useful.  I look forward to the day my hair is long enough to braid again, so I can try the natural waved look, too.  Thank you once again, Chaz, for another miracle for my fine, super-straight hair!

Respected Contributor

Re: A day for experimentation?

Oh gosh @CamilleP  your hair sounds wonderful!  thx for the tip...

Respected Contributor

Well, my perm is now over 6 months old, but my hair really has no curl left unless I curl it deliberately.  The texturizing spray is absolutely wonderful for curl or wave and hold on dry hair without heat!  I think I could have used a blow-dryer on a no-heat setting if I wanted the hair dry faster than an hour, but since I knew I was going to be in a car for that time anyway, the velcro rollers worked great.  Chaz is a magician, that's the only explanation that makes any sense!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @CamilleP your hair sounds lovely!  You have inspired me, yet instead of the Velcro rollers, which I have, I'm going to try this with some Spoolies I recently ordered from Evine.  I've got my SHP TS ready to go and hopefully I'll get a lasting curl that I'll finger fluff for a look that sounds like yours. I do get a nice piecey result by just scrunching but I've been eyeing those Spoolies for months. Talk about a flash from the past, eh! I used a coupon that took the sting out of the shipping costs plus a little more. Should be fun, got the glow in the dark option ~ which might scare my furbabies, teehee. Hope mine turns out as pretty as yours did.

Respected Contributor

I hope you get great results with the Spoolies, Rochelle.  I've never used them, and I am a super-klutz, so odds are I couldn't even put them in my hair, lol.  I'm just barely able to manage hot rollers and the "velcro" cold rollers.  I can use a Calista Perfecter, but not a "normal" curling iron.  That may be partly due to this straight hair, it's so slick and shiny that it slithers through a normal curling iron clip.  I'm kinda kicking myself for not buying those Bukli curling cones that the Q had for a while, where you pull a strand of hair through a nylon sleeve, then wrap the sleeve around the "velcro" textured cones.  The little hooks on the velcro-textured curlers of any sort really do grab the hair and hold it, but they can also really get tangled in there, so the nylon sleeves would protect against that.  I may take a trip to the local Sally Beauty store to see if they carry them.  I'd love something I could sleep in, but I think only foam rollers are soft enough for that.

Let us know how the Spoolies experiment works, I remember them as more "secure" at holding the hair than regular rollers, so that you could get tighter curls from them.  Maybe I could figure them out with a little practice?  I love having a product from Chaz that lets us avoid heated processes, which are so damaging.  I also got the SHP duo of the TS, YUMMY!

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP 

You are light years ahead of me with your styling gadgets. I'm clueless regarding the Calista Perfect er and just googled the bulki curling cones only to find a cone shaped wand  curling iron. What you described sounds much more interesting and I'll have to dig more to see if can locate more information. 

I don't think there's to much to using spoolies. Just wind and snap the cap and done. I ordered the regular and large but these are smallish. I see requests for a jumbo and I'm going to add my voice to this request. I lopped off a good foot and a half of my hair early Oct leaving it chin length.  It's now at my collar bone and I don't think the larger spoolies will roll tight to my scalp. I've been reviewing videos for any hints or technique for style options. Gotta love the internet! So I'm prepping for later today to dive in and give these a spin. It still cracks me up, I think I might have been in elementary school last time I had used these. Oh, they bounce too making them mighty attractive kitty fodder for my boys. Overall I am looking forward to my lil foray back in time with these silly lookin' curlers plus received some fab Stroke of Beauty cosmetics (Holly Mordini, formerly of Smashbox make up line, luv, luv, luv!!!)in the same box so it'll be a great girlie event for me.

Stay tuned. I will update later

Trusted Contributor

@rochelleS wrote:

Oh @CamilleP your hair sounds lovely!  You have inspired me, yet instead of the Velcro rollers, which I have, I'm going to try this with some Spoolies I recently ordered from Evine.  I've got my SHP TS ready to go and hopefully I'll get a lasting curl that I'll finger fluff for a look that sounds like yours. I do get a nice piecey result by just scrunching but I've been eyeing those Spoolies for months. Talk about a flash from the past, eh! I used a coupon that took the sting out of the shipping costs plus a little more. Should be fun, got the glow in the dark option ~ which might scare my furbabies, teehee. Hope mine turns out as pretty as yours did.

@rochelleS, I read this and had to run to Evine to figure out what in the world a Spoolie was, lol. Of course that lead to Youtube... so now as I sit in the midst of a Youtube Spoolies marathon I am interested.

What coupon and how did your hair turn out?

#IAmTeamWen
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @nikki48 

I googled 'Evine coupons' and searched for one that fit my spending, ie some are for 50.00 minimums etc. There was a buy more and save which applied to both the Spoolies and a reduced shipping rate. Not anything huge but there at the time of purchsse. I used a coupon that had a 75.00 min. w 15%, maybe 20%, can't remember exactly but covered all shipping plus a few extra dollars.

I too got caught up online looking at videos and Amazon looking for a cheaper spoolie. No go on that front. There are uber cheap knock offs with very crummy reviews. Wouldn't even waste my time trying any. Many said they were throw aways with money wasted. The original Spoolies thst have been brought back to life by the vendor are the resl deal. Authentic and pticey...but pretty cool.

Then got a big delivery from the Q and the latest GMA" view your deal" (dot com) and have been on the horn with my BFF, she lives in another state, opening, oohing and ahhing, shopping (her) for all these fun and gorgeous goodies I'd told her bout weeks ago, lol...isn't that how it goes. I can't move, surrounded by packages and cats that have to be included, slippin'and sliding all over the place with these plastic bags. Too much fun and a big mess!  

Gotta get up, I'm getting numb from sitting too long. Ah the trials and tribulations of retail therapy and some fab early Xmas shopping to boot.

Uppie, Uppie and to the shower!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @nikki48 

I googled 'Evine coupons' and searched for one that fit my spending, ie some are for 50.00 minimums etc. There was a buy more and save which applied to both the Spoolies and a reduced shipping rate. Not anything huge but there at the time of purchsse. I used a coupon that had a 75.00 min. w 15%, maybe 20%, can't remember exactly but covered all shipping plus a few extra dollars.

I too got caught up online looking at videos and Amazon looking for a cheaper spoolie. No go on that front. There are uber cheap knock offs with very crummy reviews. Wouldn't even waste my time trying any. Many said they were throw aways with money wasted. The original Spoolies thst have been brought back to life by the vendor are the resl deal. Authentic and pticey...but pretty cool.

Then got a big delivery from the Q and the latest GMA" view your deal" (dot com) and have been on the horn with my BFF, she lives in another state, opening pkg together, oohing and ahhing, shopping (her) for all these fun and gorgeous goodies I'd told her bout weeks ago, lol...isn't that how it goes. I can't move, surrounded by packages and cats that have to be included, slippin'and sliding all over the place with these plastic bags. Too much fun and a big mess!  

Gotta get up, I'm getting numb from sitting too long. Ah the trials and tribulations of retail therapy and some fab early Xmas shopping to boot.

Uppie, Uppie and to the shower!

Respected Contributor

Now that I'm getting the styles I want with different combinations of products and tools, I decided to experiment with color.  I bought a tube of L'Oreal Colorista in Teal and gave myself some fine streaks.  Now to see if this "designed to wash out in 6-10 washes" stays longer with WEN, or if it's really just water-soluble no matter what other products one uses.