WEN

Respected Contributor

@CoastalGal   I have no idea, the scheme and rationale the Q uses to manipulate it's pricing on it's items is a mystery to me, sometimes I think they either toss darts at walls or spin a wheel to see where a marble lands.

Regular Contributor

Just a reminder that Chaz will be launching his Big Deal sometime  this morning on Saturday Morning Q 🙂

Honored Contributor

Re: Summer Pina Colada

[ Edited ]

@CoastalGal wrote:

@CamilleP wrote:

@SurferWife   I went back through inventory, and besides the Big Deal, there is a combo of 32oz CC and oil, a trio of 32oz CC, SC and RTM, an RTM duo and finally a single 32oz CC, either once or on a/d. 

I'm really happy to get the TT duo with a small bottle of the Pina Colada, I don't know how it will work on my hair and don't really want to get a big bottle, let alone go on a/d for it, if it turns out to not do my hair much good.  I hope it gives me the same kind of result I got from the Fall PPL, without the scalp reaction, but time will tell.  I'll report on the scent and initial results when I get it.

@CamilleP  do you think the prices will drop on any of those ?  I watched the video for the oil and CC duo.  it was around $69 when it last aired 

@CoastalGal 

It's always possible, since Chaz will be having a few shows during the month of June (finally!).  But as @CamilleP said, their pricing fluctuates so much now it's hard to tell.  We used to be able to get a decent heads up in advance from Chaz, but so often now he doesn't know himself until the last minute what will air for what price.

Respected Contributor

I need some help, I haven't used ORIGINALS in a very long time, I think in the past I would get POM but my hair has changed a lot (Thank you Menopuase)

My hair is long, past my bra (gonna be getting a couple inch's cut off soon) and it's VERY wavy, boarderline curly, meaning if I scrunch it my hair almost like twists, it's so hard to explain, it's like the hairs twist together and it's impossible to comb without getting knots, so, I have to blow it dry straight (which in the back it's still VERY wavy) then curl it to give it a softer look, it's a dang process I'll tell you that. It tangles so easy and knots up easy.  It's not overly dry, I don't have gray yet (Unreal I know but honestly in my 50s with dark brown hair, zero gray)

With ALL that being said, would I be best with Tea Tree, Fig or Pom or???  I need something that will give me a little volume and not make my finer texture hair flat and will allow me to get a comb through it after I cleanse (Yes, I use a huge pump as a leave in)  TIA for your help!!

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl 

Sorry, I can really help you since my hair is exactly the opposite--fine and straight as a board.  I use Tea Tree mixed with Fragrance Free (rice) for the first cleanse, and WVM mixed with either the FF or 319 for the second cleanse.

I know several of the WEN ladies do have curly hair, so hopefully they will be able to give you some advice.

Regular Contributor

WEN Big Deal is launching now on QVC Main 🙂

Super Contributor

I have wavy to curly hair down to my shoulders that is thick and color treated. I LOVE using POM for the first cleanse each day. I think it provides plenty of moisture. I use it with one of the seasonals as the second cleanse. My hair combs out super easy. They say FIG is the most hydrating but I found the scent a bit too strong (and I like the scent of FIG). 

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl   Do you usually have very good results with the Seasonals?  If so, those are predominantly soy-based, so Pom might be your best choice amongst the Classics.  I, personally, prefer Tea Tree for every first cleanse, I like what it does for my scalp, keeping it squeeky clean without drying out my hair.  I can only use Fig when my hair is permed and needs tons of extra moisture, my natural hair is fine and straight as a stick, and too much moisture leaves it limp.  Also, hair can change over time, what you used to get good results with might not work as well now.  Honestly, with this deal being as good as it is, if you can swing it financially, I'd advise you to buy several sets in the formulas you want to try, and if one of them turns out to really be bad, you can send it back for an exchange.  If one formula is a standout winner, put that one on auto-delivery.  If you want to go with just one, my suggestion would be Tea Tree, it's just such a good basic to start from, but it is strongly herbal in scent, so as a second recommendation I'd say Pom.  Good luck, I hope it works out well for you, whichever one you try.

Respected Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

@SandGirl   Do you usually have very good results with the Seasonals?  If so, those are predominantly soy-based, so Pom might be your best choice amongst the Classics.  I, personally, prefer Tea Tree for every first cleanse, I like what it does for my scalp, keeping it squeeky clean without drying out my hair.  I can only use Fig when my hair is permed and needs tons of extra moisture, my natural hair is fine and straight as a stick, and too much moisture leaves it limp.  Also, hair can change over time, what you used to get good results with might not work as well now.  Honestly, with this deal being as good as it is, if you can swing it financially, I'd advise you to buy several sets in the formulas you want to try, and if one of them turns out to really be bad, you can send it back for an exchange.  If one formula is a standout winner, put that one on auto-delivery.  If you want to go with just one, my suggestion would be Tea Tree, it's just such a good basic to start from, but it is strongly herbal in scent, so as a second recommendation I'd say Pom.  Good luck, I hope it works out well for you, whichever one you try.

I used POM in the past with good results and then just end up with all the seasonals due to trying diff. scents and chasing whatever I can find on sale, withi this inflation I couldn't afford to buy WEN as much if I didn't find it on sale, that is why I figure I best hop on this sale for sure!!

I'm getting older and starting to see the thin-ness in my hair, especially in my widows peak area, I used to be able to pull my hair up on the sides but now I find to o much of my scalp is showing, maybe I'll go with TeaTree, I use the botanical treatment, the tea tree doesn't bother me, I get use to it and then I actually perfer the clean scent.  Thank you for your post and your help.  Have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

Which of the originals is the most moisturizing ?   Its been a while and one of them either fig or pomegranite reminds me of Robtussin ( the cough syrup )