WEN

Esteemed Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

I dont blow dry my hair ~ I have long natural curly hair and it just air dries ~ I do sometimes put the styling cream after my CC and leave in~ I will also use it to tame fly aways ~ or small stray hairs on top if my hair is pulled back in a pony tail~ 

So last night I took out my lavender SC and put it on my feet before bed ~ think I will try that a few times and see if it does anything ~ ( besides smell nice and feel good)

Lol!!!   on your feet!!!   why not?!!   if an oil can be dry, then why can't Lavender SC smooth and soothe feet at the end of the day?

I'm still laughing!

Valued Contributor

I’ve tried using 613 SC around my eyes. This was in another thread. Someone said it tightened around their eyes. It didn’t do that for me, but my crows feet are moisturized. I can’t say I see any difference but I occasionally do it. 

I have started adding 1 pump of SC back into my hair on day two. It plumps up my hair and tones down fly always. It’s great for braids. 

**Suz**
Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler, I never use a hair dryer, and have never had any success with the SC except as a dry styler.

On wet hair it actually seems to create frizz.

Chaz used two pumps of SC on your shorter hair, which made me wonder if I should be using 8 or even 10 pumps due to texture and length.

Your post has inspired me to try it again on wet hair.

I think I'll give 8 pumps on wet hair a try.

Honored Contributor

Found this recipe on a previous thread for making your own Replenishing Treatment Mist using styling cream.

6 ounces of bottled/distilled water - hot in order to mix the ingredients together

4 pumps from a 16 oz cleansing conditioner OR 2 pumps from a 32 oz CC

2-4 drops of the treatment oil of your choice

2 pumps of styling cream of your choice

Shake up really good in order to ensure everything is mixed well.

If anyone has tried this in the past, please share your experience. To me, just adding the styling cream would seem to make it heavy and not able to spray, but maybe it does work. 

I would try it, but I have Fall Ginger Pumpkin as my styling cream but not the oil in the pumpkin, so am not sure it would smell the way I want it if I used a different oil.

Regular Contributor

@World Traveler

I've made it before and not added oil...works just fine.  I've seen in other threads that people didn't even add styling cream...just CC and water.

Honored Contributor

@Greenqueen Oh, that is much simpler......cleansing conditioner and water. I may try that. Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I tried that when I was new to WEN and didn't have many products. I'd emptied a 2oz 613 RTM, and tried to duplicate that using CC, SC, mousse, and water.

Tried different amounts of products. I think I started with just CC & water.  

It was always disappointing compared to the real thing and I'd end up dumping it out eventually.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge I agree. I'm not sure I would go to the trouble to do it; easier to just purchase it.

However, I do use the elixir for the bathtub. Love that Chaz talked about it on his recent visit to QVC. Makes a nice soak in the tub a luxury. Heart

Trusted Contributor

I made the concotion day 2 days ago ~ I added a little more of each of the products ~ I needed heavier ~ since I have such long waby hair and just spent a week at the beach so its a little dry 

I mixed Tropical and peach CC 

Mango Coconut Oil

Warm vanilla pumkin styling creme ( its what was open ) 

Warm water 

I Love it ~ I hve been spraying my hair several times a day ~  it smells very summery ~

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Styling Creme

[ Edited ]

follow-up:

Tried styling cream on wet hair again. Used 9 pumps of BGT SC this time, with 5 pumps of glossing serum.

Air dried. It looked very nice, felt soft, gave a lot of piecy definition. I skipped the mousse.

I could probably go up to 12 pumps of SC without a problem.