WEN

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have any differnt uses for the SC?  (besides its normal use ) I seem to have a ton of it and would love to  find some alterantive uses .

Thanks 1

Esteemed Contributor

@CoastalGal wrote:

Does anyone have any differnt uses for the SC?  (besides its normal use )

I seem to have a ton of it and

would love to  find some alterantive uses .

Thanks 1

so do i

so would i

thanks!

Honored Contributor

Me, too.  I don't throw much of anything away, but I finally tossed almost half a bottle of styling creme.  It has been the only Wen product I just never found to be doing anything extra for my hair. 

Frequent Contributor

I use my Styling Creme after I am finished washing and rinsing my Hair with the wen cleansing conditioner.While my Hair is still wet I massage some Styling Creme on the ends of my Hair. Like a leave in conditioner. Makes my Hair soft and easy manageable .I have no split ends. And maybe it protects my Hair from  the heat of the Hair dryer.

Regular Contributor

Make your own replenishing treatment mist.  

Type it in the forum search bar and recipes come up.

Respected Contributor

The styling creme DOES protect the hair from the heat of the blow dryer.  Chaz said that on the show many times.  My styling cremes go kind of quickly.  I use two pumps after two pumps of cleansining conditioner for my leave in.  I use around ten pumps of mousse too.  Those three things are staple for my leave in.  I apply it just like Chaz does on the shows, on the models.  I apply like this....I rinse a few minutes in very cool water.  I then angle my head a bit down so that the water parts it between my neck.  I shut off the water and take one pump of CC.  I then rake that into the section on one side and then do the same on the other.  What's left on my hands, I rake into the crown and just the whole head.  I then marry up the two sections between my neck and twist, use my fingers in a pushing motion and then squash the whole thing in my hands.  My hair is a bit past my shoulders.  I noticed that if I don't use enough leave in (CC and Styling creme) my sides and ends get too dry.  It has to feel like there's too much in.  Chaz is right about that.  I blow dry every day.  I also noticed that my sides need more moisture than the back of my head hair so that's why I do them first.  Chaz does the back underneath first because it is the thickest part of one's hair.  My hair is, like, spongey.  Has SO much bounce.  I've been though a ton of styling creme.  I used to have hair way down my back.  I cut it, May of 2017 in a pixie, REALLY short.  Now, it's traveling past my shoulders.  I'm gonna let it get long again but because Wen prevents split ends, I don't trim as much as I should.  I couldn't stand the heat last summer too and long hair only hinders when you're trying to keep cool.  I'm not sure how else one could use styling creme, however, you can use one pump on dry hair too for fly aways or just extra moisture or some extra shine.

Respected Contributor

I use as @77yangya said...My Hubby uses it also so we go thru alot..I also put it in my dry hair on ends if I feel like it needs it... (I don't put it on crown area, I use the mousse for that...I can't think of any other uses, maybe family or friends that might like to use it..Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I love the SC, use it as  @77yangya mentioned plus I use it for between wash styling.

My fave product next to the CC.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I dont blow dry my hair ~ I have long natural curly hair and it just air dries ~ I do sometimes put the styling cream after my CC and leave in~ I will also use it to tame fly aways ~ or small stray hairs on top if my hair is pulled back in a pony tail~ 

So last night I took out my lavender SC and put it on my feet before bed ~ think I will try that a few times and see if it does anything ~ ( besides smell nice and feel good)

Esteemed Contributor

@Greenqueen wrote:

Make your own replenishing treatment mist.  

Type it in the forum search bar and recipes come up.

There you go!

Now that is an alternative use for the SC.

Some people don't use RTM often enough to feel it's worth buying, but may want to mix up a little pseudo-homemade-RTM to keep on hand.