WEN

Frequent Contributor
Sorry this isn’t directly wen, but does anyone have a dyson hair dryer? I see it’s an upcoming tsv and was wondering if it’s worth the investment 😊
Valued Contributor

My hairdresser has one and LOVES it.  It really does dry hair fast and you're left with good shine.  She did tell me that last Christmas Ulta had a 20% off coupon and did allow it to be used on a Dyson.  If they do it this year, I'm getting one.  My latest Ulta coupon says that it does not apply to Dyson.  It's the same with Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Dyson does not allow discounting so I assumed that QVC would keep the price at $399 and throw in some extras.

Valued Contributor

I haven’t been impressed by the demonstrations.  I think it’s about $300.  I could never justify that. I’ve had my Conair hair dryer for about 6 years and its still going strong and my hair is healthy. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dyson hair dryer

[ Edited ]

@Jannyg wrote:

My hairdresser has one and LOVES it.  It really does dry hair fast and you're left with good shine.  She did tell me that last Christmas Ulta had a 20% off coupon and did allow it to be used on a Dyson.  If they do it this year, I'm getting one.  My latest Ulta coupon says that it does not apply to Dyson.  It's the same with Bed, Bath & Beyond.  Dyson does not allow discounting so I assumed that QVC would keep the price at $399 and throw in some extras.

Sephora allows you to uses their 20% coupons because I bought one.  There is a huge learning curve and it caused my hair to look like it had theses kinky little frizzy pieces that I had never seen before.  Someone here told me to lower the heat which I did, and it took just as long to dry my hair as my conair.  Plus, I hate where the switches are.  They are on top of the handle, so it’s hard to switch the temps.  I returned it.  If they come out with a redesigned handle, I might give it another try.  Don’t expect QVC to offer a lower price.  They most likely will offer other things in a package.  I think it’s time that Dyson lowers the price. 

Respected Contributor

My DH bought me one for last Christmas, and I love it.  I've never been able to blow-dry my hair, even when using WEN products and round brushes, without getting a frizzy mess, until I started using the Dyson blow dryer.  I can get my shoulder-length fine, straight hair to fall into a truly perfect long bob with just a smidge of curl-under.  My hair is smooth and shiny with the Dyson, I would not want to use any other blow-dryer.  I think the Dyson is very well worth it's price, and if it's under the $399 price it was last holiday season as a new TSV, then it's an even better deal.

Honored Contributor

My new hairdresser has one and she loves it. She used the diffuser on me and I seriously thought about getting one. My dilemma is I usually air dry so I’m debating with myself whether or not I should spend that much $$ since I air-dry most days. It sure (pardon the pun) blows my other dryer and huge diffuser away!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson hair dryer

[ Edited ]

@simplyfriends wrote:

I haven’t been impressed by the demonstrations.  I think it’s about $300.  I could never justify that. I’ve had my Conair hair dryer for about 6 years and its still going strong and my hair is healthy. 

@simplyfriends . I thought it was $300.00 too and realized that no....it's $399.00!  Just too much for me.

Respected Contributor

Have one and love it. I have had it just about a year and with longer hair, my hair dries faster and I admit I use it on the dogs, after I wash them, on the coolest setting and it dries them fast too Smiley Happy

Deb

Honored Contributor

To me if you use a hairdryer a lot, get one you love and invest in it.  I've used those T2 dryers for many years.  They were so much lighter and quieter when they came out that it was a good investment since I used it almost every day and it made my life better not to start my day with the jet engine noise and a tired arm from holding a heavy dryer.

It is one of those things I think you should spend money on--like a kitchen sink.  A good sink that is heavy, coated on the bottom to deaden sounds, and cleans up better is something to invest in and is something you use ALL the time.  My mother bought cheap sinks that were shallow and rattled and clattered when you put something in and I just hated them!  But she'd cheap out on a lot of house things too and then never like them.   LOL!!!

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the responses! I might wait for a better deal Smiley Happy Might have to master the art of air drying hair - a lot cheaper! Smiley Very Happy