WEN

Contributor

Re: September Insider is up - TSV info "officially" available

Thank you Sonechko for letting us know this is up!  I just got my 2 TT sets on auto delivery, such a wonderful value!  I don't mind waiting, I ordered the TT oil last month in addition to the CC on your suggestion to help me grow my thinning hair back, and I can see it working already.  I have baby fuzzy hairs!  So I don't want to be without this, and with this combo, Chaz has hit it out of the park.  Thank you Chaz for creating this set for us!!

It's funny, when I first started TT, I didn't like the smell that much, but after using it for a month, it grows on you and now I don't mind it at all.  But we can always mix it with another like MIF, SHL, or SHP, oh I am going to have to try doing this!

:-)

Esteemed Contributor

You are welcome Maggie Pie! But it was not me, who found out about Insider being up already - it was DoxieMomma! Thanks to Her!!! Heart

I already ordered mine, so now I can relax and think if I need to place more orders. I am a Wen Pig after all!

Respected Contributor

@DoxieMomma wrote:

Well, so much for preordering......right now, it's saying it won't ship until the TSV date, 9/5. Although, it has different numbers for ordering now and ordering on 9/5. Perhaps it will be available to ship soon, just not immediately. 

Everything appears to be just what Chaz and Dooters have shared so far:

32 oz CC, 4 oz treatment oil, 12 oz RTM, 6 oz styling cream - available in all six core formulas, SAM, TT, LAV, CA, POM and FIG

The price is a bit higher than the typical "core" TSVs, $64.92 (instead of the typical $59ish from previous TSVs). Shipping is $3.00, so I'm assuming this could account for the higher price. 

For for those who are interested, it's currently available on three easy payments, not sure if that will be an option during the TSV date. I don't use easy pay, so I've never paid attention during the live airings. 

Happy Wenning!!

i think its a little higher then reg because of the 4oz oil in it.  That is a big daddy to put in a TSV and try to keep the price down.  This is a great TSV!!! I ordered the TT this morning and when it comes it comes.  No rush just wanted to make sure i get it.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

Oops, thank you to DoxieMomma!! :-)

I am becoming a little Wen collector now too, my stash has grown quite quickly and I love it!

Respected Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@DoxieMomma wrote:

Well, so much for preordering......right now, it's saying it won't ship until the TSV date, 9/5. Although, it has different numbers for ordering now and ordering on 9/5. Perhaps it will be available to ship soon, just not immediately. 

32 oz CC, 4 oz treatment oil, 12 oz RTM, 6 oz styling cream - available in all six core formulas, SAM, TT, LAV, CA, POM and FIG

The price is a bit higher than the typical "core" TSVs, $64.92 (instead of the typical $59ish from previous TSVs). Shipping is $3.00, so I'm assuming this could account for the higher price. 

For for those who are interested, it's currently available on three easy payments, not sure if that will be an option during the TSV date. I don't use easy pay, so I've never paid attention during the live airings. 

Happy Wenning!!

___ 

AUTO DELIVERY SHIPMENTS 

Also, the auto delivery option is available. If you select the A/D plan, then you will receive and additional 2 more shipments for a total of 3 shipments. The A/D shipments are spaced 90 days apart (i.e. every 3 months).

____ 

CHANGING SCENTS FOR FUTURE A/D SHIPMENTS

They don't include that information in the Insider, so we won't know about that until the September 5th Wen TSV. 

That said, for the past five year (since I've been a Wen girl), I have always been able to change scents for future shipments of either the Spring or Fall TSV. 

The only time it was a bit trickly was when Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) was a TSV scent option and BGT is not an option for this TSV. -- While we've always been able to change scents for these TSVs, it's always been based on the availability of these scents. At the time there was a feeding frenzy for BGT and so there just wasn't any extra available. 

Here's what I'd recommend... 

Once you have received your first TSV, then call QVC customer service and have them make scent changes for the next two upcoming A/D shipments. Then call them back again just to confirm that those changes have been made (cause it sometimes doesn't take, just sayin'...). Early on, there shouldn't be a problem with tweaking your A/D plan. Later on, it could possibly be more difficult. For Wenners who don't get the Insider, just google either blue skies for me blog, or QVC Insider links for more information on advance ordering. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Great advice on changing flavors, bebe! Just one additional suggestion...I always email these requests to CS rather than calling. That way I have a record of both my request and their response. I've never had a problem and needed that record, but I'll have it if I ever do Smiley Happy Happy Wenning everyone! Ordering my CA right now Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is still a really great price, even though it's $5 higher than we thought. I'm sure Bebe will do a cost analysis and I will rely on her judgment. But I just ran a quick one myself and compared the TSV price to both QVC's regular price and the price from the Chaz Dean BF sale (assuming they have it again and it's the same discount as last year). I included the cost of tax and shipping in my comparison. I did this for myself because I was planning to buy a gallon of TT if they have the BF sale again, so I wanted to know if buying this TSV on A-D would be a better price than the BF price of the gallon.

So, of course the price of the BF gallon is much better than the TSV price times four. However, I also regularly use the TT oil. I do not use the TT SC or RTM, so a more honest comparison would leave out the value of the products that I wouldn't normally buy. The bottom line appears to be that the TSV (times four) is cheaper than the BF price of the gallon plus three 4oz bottles of oil. So, if I would typically use a gallon of CC and three 4oz bottles of oil in a year (which I probably would), then the TSV is a better deal, and the SC and RTM is just a bonus.

ETA: ...and YES I made a detailed spreadsheet... and YES I'm a total geek! Woman Embarassed

Super Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@DoxieMomma wrote:

Happy Wenning!!

___ 

Receive this item approximately every 90 days for a total of three shipments. No obligation, cancel anytime. This set is perfect for anyone looking to add shine, control, & moisture to their hairstyle. WEN by Chaz Dean cleansing & styling products are designed from the ground up to gentle. Includes: (1) 32 fl. oz. cleansing conditioner,(1) 4 fl.oz. treatment oil, (1) 6 fl.oz styling creme, (1) 12 fl.oz. replenshing treatment mist.

______

______

These are my notes and observations below (as opposed to info from the QVC Wen TSV page). -- bebeSmiley Happy

___ 

AUTO DELIVERY SHIPMENTS 

Also, the auto delivery option is available. If you select the A/D plan, then you will receive and additional 2 more shipments for a total of 3 shipments. The A/D shipments are spaced 90 days apart (i.e. every 3 months).

____ 

They don't include that information in the Insider, so we won't know about that until the September 5th Wen TSV. 

That said, for the past five year (since I've been a Wen girl), I have always been able to change scents for future shipments of either the Spring or Fall TSV. 

The only time it was a bit trickly was when Bamboo Green Tea (BGT) was a TSV scent option and BGT is not an option for this TSV. -- While we've always been able to change scents for these TSVs, it's always been based on the availability of these scents. At the time there was a feeding frenzy for BGT and so there just wasn't any extra available. 

Once you have received your first TSV, then call QVC customer service and have them make scent changes for the next two upcoming A/D shipments. Then call them back again just to confirm that those changes have been made (cause it sometimes doesn't take, just sayin'...). Early on, there shouldn't be a problem with tweaking your A/D plan. Later on, it could possibly be more difficult. For Wenners who don't get the Insider, just google either blue skies for me blog, or QVC Insider links for more information on advance ordering. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

I would also recommend sending an email to customer service...this is what I always do that way you have in writing that the change was made.  Trust me, I've worked in c/s for several years and I know it's best to CYA on everything!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

@DoxieMomma wrote:

Happy Wenning!!

___ 

AUTO DELIVERY SHIPMENTS 

____ 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Great advice on changing flavors, bebe! Just one additional suggestion...I always email these requests to CS rather than calling. That way I have a record of both my request and their response. I've never had a problem and needed that record, but I'll have it if I ever do Smiley Happy Happy Wenning everyone! Ordering my CA right now Smiley Very Happy

WenGirl42 and simollie, even better advise!! Smiley Happy I've heard you all say that before and I keep forgetting to include this information. This way you have the all important paper trail. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

question for you all...I can't decide what to do here and need help.  I just ordered a gallon of tt in June.  I'm in need of tt oil and rtm, but have enough for another month or 2.  I need fig cc but I'm not a fan of the oil although I use it if I have it.  I also need more sam cc...I've never used the other products of this scent so not sure how I'd like them.  I like the scent though.  Of these tt and fig are the most used.  I can only get 1 set at a time otherwise I'd prob order a tt and fig today, but it's not in my budget with back to school and kid's b-days coming up.  So...do I order the tt just so I can have the oil and change to fig for the next delivery, or do I order the fig now and change to tt for the next delivery?  Oh I so wish we could mix and match!!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@aprimo wrote:

This is still a really great price, even though it's $5 higher than we thought. I'm sure Bebe will do a cost analysis and I will rely on her judgment. But I just ran a quick one myself and compared the TSV price to both QVC's regular price and the price from the Chaz Dean BF sale (assuming they have it again and it's the same discount as last year). I included the cost of tax and shipping in my comparison. I did this for myself because I was planning to buy a gallon of TT if they have the BF sale again, so I wanted to know if buying this TSV on A-D would be a better price than the BF price of the gallon.

So, of course the price of the BF gallon is much better than the TSV price times four. However, I also regularly use the TT oil. I do not use the TT SC or RTM, so a more honest comparison would leave out the value of the products that I wouldn't normally buy. The bottom line appears to be that the TSV (times four) is cheaper than the BF price of the gallon plus three 4oz bottles of oil. So, if I would typically use a gallon of CC and three 4oz bottles of oil in a year (which I probably would), then the TSV is a better deal, and the SC and RTM is just a bonus.

ETA: ...and YES I made a detailed spreadsheet... and YES I'm a total geek! Woman Embarassed

@aprimo , lol, I'll probably get around to doing a cost analysis by the end of the weekend, but if you've already made a spreadsheet then by all means share!! Smiley Wink

And, yes, that does make you a total geek. Or, as I would phrase it.... really cool!! Smiley Wink 

For very basic math, since the 32oz CC is $49.50 and the 4oz. Treatment Oil is $54.50, if you would be purchasing either one of them anyway, then you'd be getting the other three product for $10-15. And you're only paying one $3 shipping and handling charge!!!

-- bebe Smiley Happy