WEN

Respected Contributor

@rochelleS

I thought I would start a separate thread so you and I can share things about WEN, Isomers and your sister instead of posting to existing threads... that way people won't have to read our updates thinking we are replying on the topic of the thread.

From what you wrote last your sister does have a long road to recovery, her poor body was really devastated by the wreck. I hope they are keeping her sedated as much as possible but I know they will try to give her as little pain medicine as possible because it is so addictive. I can't imagine the damage that was inflected on her body... tell her that your Tennessee friend has added both her and you to their nightly prayer list.

Take care of yourself 

btw - One of my Bella Spirit Indigo orders made it to Atlanta and UPS gave me the opportunity to upgrade my package for $3.50 to have it delivered on Wednesday instead of Thursday by the Post Office - so naturally I DID!! I'll let you know my first impression after I've used it. I hope it isn't too hot to open and use on Wednesday night...

Edited to add - If anyone wants to communicate with @rochelleS please feel free to use this thread. 

Quarrels end, but words once spoken never die... African Proverb
Esteemed Contributor

@Tennessee Vol

You are so special. I appreciate your starting this separate thread and am so greatful and humbled by the kindness you and others have previously expressed. {{{HUGS}}} to all of you!

47 Days and She's Home! 

My sister suffered a Pilon Fracture as a result of a fall from an unstable ladder to an above ground pool at a friend's home. (That's another story...) She heard her leg explode and that recollection is very traumatic for her. This was an exceptionally severe injury. Her local hospital sent her by ambulance an hour away to a specialized trauma team.

As I'd mentioned, the pain was extremely severe and lasted for weeks on end. I spent many nights with her. A temporary "fixator " appliance secured the damage until the next surgery which would internally be pins, plates and screws. That never happened. Due to an array of complications, this continued to be canceled. Finally the surgeon repaired the damage primarily externally and on the opposite side. Not his first choice,  but plan B. She now has what she calls  an erector set, holding her leg together. Fifty one, yep, 51 staples were removed on Friday. There's a 3/8 of an inch horizontal gap or space, across the tibia and fibula  (long bones in our lower leg) that needs to come together.  She'll be non weight bearing for months to come. This is a challenge beyond your worst nightmare, and again, as her Dr stated "a life altering injury." One of the worst he's seen. Additional surgical intervention will be determined. Yet he's put out needing a fusion several times now.

Her Dr recommended supplemental high protein to aid in healing. I'm working on her trying AL Marine Collegen. A friend picked up a beef based product at the health food store for the time being. I may, probably, will order the Lessman product anyway. Told her it was good for skin too.

So I'd schlepped up two different Wen Cc's plus all the ancillaries, hair dryer, facial masks, and more to the hospital for a long awaited cleanse and nuturing Sister time but this unfortunately didn't take place. Too many variables canceled out this highly anticipated event several times so we'll reschedule now that's she's home. She'd ordered the new Indigo duo and has gorgeous salt and pepper hair. I'm excited to use it on her.

A visiting nurse, PT and OT have scheduled visits. Her son who was on his way back to start school out of state, changed his curriculum to on line classes so he could be with his Mom. What a guy!

Oh for goodness sake. The remaining portion of my post disappeared. #%×? I'll post this and reconstruct the balance later. Why does that happen????

Esteemed Contributor

Continuing from above...

So, home modifications are and still have to be made. The usual bath bars, step and or ramps. Bathing chair, wheel chair - she wants to try and locate one in spite of an rx, ok. She has a recliner that stands her upright and is happy with. Body pillows are on the list, gloves for protection using her walker which has been hard on her hands, arms and upper body, and a whole plethora of items to assist in what we all take for granted. There's a zillion little tricks and techniques to learn in adapting to a major life change. Things have a way of working out. They always do.

I tried the Indigo duo once. I liked the bright and deep contrast I saw. Will experiment like many of you have already. It did make my hair very soft. Different from a very moisturizing CC. I'll be mixing my 1st cleanse with another CC and go from there. I still have unopened boxes of Wen to get into. I did put a FFA Steal on check. It's been quite a whirlwind around here.

All while this has been going on I had two very sick pets to tend to. At one point both had been hospitalized at different facilities at the same time. This is keeping me from my Sister now. Fortunately she has a dear friend, a retired nurse looking in on her. I am so grateful and will be there as soon as possible. 

Lots to talk about, questions to ask and plenty of general catching up to do. ♡♡♡

20180909_213102-1.jpg

Super Contributor

@rochelleS  Prayers for a healing recovery.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you so very much @Jax016! Your kindness and prayers are appreciated. Everyday is a little progress. ♡♡♡