WEN

Valued Contributor

Re: Mousse and Curly Hair Question

I use mousse and RTM daily in between cleanses to refresh my curls. This helps them spring back in the morning and avoid the look of bed head.
Trusted Contributor

I love it on wet hair, but it does not work for me on dry hair if I am wearing it down. It does give me a bit of fullness if I am wearing it up. Good luck with your process!

Honored Contributor

Do any of you find performance differences with the various scents?

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I have wavy/curly hair. I blow dry it straight and sometimes wear it curly. When I wear it wavy/curly, I use the mousse. I always use the cc as a leave in and the styling creme. I only add the mousse if I am not blowing my hair out straight. I always apply the mousse to soaking wet hair after the styling creme. I like the soft hold it gives my hair. I have applied it to dry hair, but I didn't like the results as well. I like the classic mousse and the BGT and MIF mousse the best because they don't have the extra amino acids. I have to take it easy with all the extra protein because it tends to dry out my hair if I overdo it. 

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Do any of you find performance differences with the various scents?

@jaxs mom  I have BGT, MIF, 613 & all the seasonals. For me there are very subtle differences in the performance, nothing noteworthy. POM is the only core mousse I tried & that didn't work as well for me but it doesn't mean it wouldn't work for you.

I was in love with the CC the first time I used it & I thought I wouldn't ever need anything else. But each thing I added made my hair just a little better. The mousse had the biggest learning curve for me. When I first tried it (POM) it wasn't good, but as my hair continued to improve the mousse worked better. Still can't use it on dry hair but I use about 7 pumps, after leave in CC & SC, on my chin length wavy hair.